[Music Video] Metal Tune done all in the box... (it's been awhile)

monkeymanx

I haven't posted in here for some time. I've been trying to get back to it but seem to always get sidetracked by life or just get hit by the gear revolving door so I never actually get anything done. It is good to see some familiar user names still here.

I put this one together all in the box. Used a Roland TD-20 to trigger Toontrack's Metal Machinery SDX. Used Overloud TH3 on guitars and bass. Mixed most of the stuff with Slate Digital plugs and a couple Waves odds and ends. Threw it all together in Cubase 8 while it felt like being stable for me.

Most important though, I actually had fun doing it all. It didn't feel like a chore.

Heya and welcome back. Moved this to the music video forum.

Good job. Kick ass song and I didn't see any room for improvement on the mix. Video is a little boring, same old cuts all the way through. Maybe get out of the studio and put some action cuts in there. Some kind of story. Something to break up the three angles you've got now.

both awesome! (music and video)!
Heavy metal videos are notably very difficult to shoot - you need a lot of things to accomplish, obviously it wasn't the goal here, so its a kind of performance video, thats OK. I would agree that maybe with some fantasy, you can shoot performance video in more, um, stylish ways, but anyway OK. I am not sure that drums video was always in sync.

I loved the mix, melody and great guitars! A lot of talent

Thanks for the feedback. I apologize about posting in the wrong section.

I'm not much of a video making guy but I'm sure if I get a big enough green screen I could have some fun with it. The main point of the video I guess was showing that I actually play the stuff although all the actually processing is done in the box.

Back