Music video. Home recorded and post produced.

theredbull

Looking for feedback on this vid......

Performance shots only, Canon eos 5d in raw.

35mm sigma lens, 23,976 fps.

Happy to engage in workflow discussion for both audio and video.

Please comment. Thanks :guitar:

Great song. Nice performance and I like the video for the most part. After a while, it got a little repetitious with the same cuts and angles and no real action other than singing. You can probably throw some fun stuff in there with the three of you goofing off or something.

Thanks for sharing and welcome to the site.

Thanks Chili. Glad you like the song. I understand what you mean about the cuts. We had 12 takes and cut between them all after synching to the original audio track. That is a good suggestion about throwing in some fun stuff in between. Will put it to the lads. That's the advantage of self production.... We don't have to pay to change it!!!!! lol Great to be on this site. It looks very helpful and busy. Cheers mate. BTW. Have I shared in the right place?

I really like this. I do agree with Chili in that is needs the video equivalent to a bridge where you get something completely different going in the middle somewhere. In the shots where all ya'all are standing in the sand ripples, it would have been nice if you would have had some reflectors to reduce the contrast on your faces just a little bit.

Thanks for sharing.

Glen

Yeah, I know the scenes you mean man. Think we were squinting a bit due to the angle of the sun. But it was the only angle we could film at as there is a road running in the background to the right. Maybe the look on our faces is surprise at seeing the sun....it was January in Scotland ha ha

The sun is really bright on the right side of your faces. If you have someone hold a white cardboard sheet to the left of you it will fill in the shadows. You don't need a mirror or any thing special, just white or grey (no colors) and about 2 square meters to reflect a bit more sunlight on the other side. Scotland? From the sound I thought you guys were from Hibbing Minnesota.

Glen

I will take the Hibbing Minnesota thing as a compliment but no, we are Scottish, don't let the fact it isn't raining in the video fool you gcolbert!!
That's a good tip about the cardboard, will keep that in mind. I presume it would distribute the light more evenly and make the shadows less pronounced. Thanks

Cool song, (a touch of Doldrums by the Las feel), but the vid is a little pedestrian. Hey, still 6000 times more interesting than mine though.

Awesome video!! I like the shots with the sky in the background. A few more different shots would made it even awesome!

How did you upload to youtube without losing much quality? Any tips? I just made a thread abput what is the best way to upload your video to youtube. Please help.

I think it looks good, and it's a cool song. However, the video would have been much more interesting for me with movement. You have good angles, good shots (especially on the beach). Honestly if you were walking on the beach in those shots with someone walking backwards in front of you with the camera, and had some movement on the shots of you and the band, it would have done a lot for it. But I also understand that the DSLRs don't have video stability controls, and that steadicam rigs are friggin' outrageously expensive!

Good video only thing id suggest is more action and emotion.. this is an up beat song and you guys looked bored lol.. like it was a reallly long shoot or something

Awesome video!! I like the shots with the sky in the background. A few more different shots would made it even awesome!

How did you upload to youtube without losing much quality? Any tips? I just made a thread abput what is the best way to upload your video to youtube. Please help.

Yep, You tube has a list of advanced supported codecs, including some 4k ones!! Some guy Brian, very knowledgeable about YT, has tested them all here:-

/http://blog.brianiannone.com/youtube-supported-video-codecs/http://

First step is to find a codec from the above list that applies to your rendering facility (file output) and encode your file to this format.

Make sure you use an apple (.mov) container.
Upload (probably very large file) to YT channel.

OUR FILE SIZE was 22 gb. Long upload, but with a youtube supported codec, there were no problems.

This gives best results as google encourages a "glass master" upload with a SUPPORTED CODEC for content creators on YT.

Hope this helps.
BTW where is your codec/youtube thread?

I will take the Hibbing Minnesota thing as a compliment but no, we are Scottish, don't let the fact it isn't raining in the video fool you gcolbert!!
That's a good tip about the cardboard, will keep that in mind. I presume it would distribute the light more evenly and make the shadows less pronounced. Thanks

In earlier eras there was a land bridge between Inverness and Hibbings, so that is probably the connection.

Cool song, great recording, and very good camera shot quality. You've got (assuming you're the lead singer) kind of Scott Thompson thing going on. :)

The vocals sounded great; all the performances were spot on actually. Great work!

Back