Music Video?

mctxp

Hi All,
I need help for producing music Video of my son who is in dancing, singing, playing all kind of music instruments. I am very new to this concept. Please guide me. What I need to accomplish it. I will appreciate for your help.
Thanks
Raj

A budget is a good start and knowing what the end result will be.

Then a camera. If you're want to edit on your computer, you'll need one up to the task and you'll need editing software. Sony Vegas is my first choice, but there are others all across the price range. Lighting, backdrops, locations.

The most important item is creativity. Then map out the video, then the video shoot. With creativity, what you lack in equipment, budget, location, experience, you make up for with ideas.

have fun.

I'd add too.

You will need a lot of filming (shooting). So prepare your digital camera, even iPhone will be OK.
The main thing is a concept of video. So write down a simple scenario. Even if it doesn't include performance by other artists, just performance of your son, still write down the beginning, the main part and ending scenarios.
Based on scenario, prepare the shooting stage (room, street, location), etc.
Prepare additional lighting if necessary.
Shoot actual video, usually by 1-2 cameras.
Prepare to shoot in different takes in different locations, if necessary.
You will need to sync the video so use something to make loud noise at start of shooting (like this
lights-camera-action.jpg, forgot its name, but its not necessary, you can use whatever you like.

Once you shot your videos, download them all,
Start to edit using a video editor (I would recommend iMovie, you can use whatever you want).
Make an actual video using the music track as a base, add video, transitions, effect based on scenario.
Share it with us :)

Check this out. While it isn't technically aimed at someone in your position, it does a pretty good job explaining the key concepts that you need to keep in mind while creating a music video.

Back