"Marianas" Music video by Bubba po and Armistice as "SavantSyndrome".

Bubba po

Tiny Stonehenge Moment
"Marianas" Music video by Bubba po and Armistice as "SavantSyndrome".

This is my first ever video. I created it on the free version of Sony Music Studio.

SavantSyndrome is a loose collaboration of artists brought together and co-ordinated by myself, Bob Harris.

Frank Harris: Drums and flute

Armistice: Male vocal

Adam Fiasco: Piano and synths

Manda Harris: Female vocal

Bob Harris: Guitars, Bass, concept, lyrics, mixing and editing.

Please watch and offer up your comments.

Last edited:
LOL - in the "front screen" for the video, I'm looking slightly apprehensive as I'm about to be attacked by a huge transparent prawn, it seems. :D

Good work Bubba. It's come together well. And the more I see of your son playing drums, the more I learn about playing drums myself, as a side bonus!

LOL - in the "front screen" for the video, I'm looking slightly apprehensive as I'm about to be attacked by a huge transparent prawn, it seems. :D

Good work Bubba. It's come together well. And the more I see of your son playing drums, the more I learn about playing drums myself, as a side bonus!

Thanks, My friend. I'm not Tim Burton or anything like that, but you never know what you can do till you give it a fair go. I'm indebted to you for your help. And there is no point where you look anything less than magisterial.

I LOVE the Richard Burton bauble in the Live Show of The War of the Worlds effect you created with David's head.

Holy shit man, this is really good.

I've only done one video, so I know what kind of work it takes. This has inspired me to think about doing another one.

Your son's drum parts are really very creative, too.

This is fantastic all around.

Holy shit man, this is really good.

I've only done one video, so I know what kind of work it takes. This has inspired me to think about doing another one.

Your son's drum parts are really very creative, too.

This is fantastic all around.

Thanks very much, mate. I've really enjoyed the process, although it's been frustrating and annoying at times! I appreciate the kind words. My other original next, I think!

Cool! When did you guys decide to make a video out of it? Did you have everyone film themselves after then?

Cool! When did you guys decide to make a video out of it? Did you have everyone film themselves after then?

Hi, Steve - I started thinking about it about two weeks ago. As most of the players are myself and my family we filmed each other and for the rest of the atmospheric stuff I (ahem) appropriated short clips from the web :o. I asked Armistice if he wanted to be in it doing his voiceover and he did, so he filmed himself and sent it to me. I did a bit of playing around with Windows Movie maker, trying out ideas and storyboarding, then did the final version in the last few days.

David can do green well as he's from The Emerald City but his Blue is consistently fine as he's suffered the dreaded viral bronchitis in recent times & that's guaranteed to turn a bloke blue for short periods of time.

the dreaded viral bronchitis in recent times & that's guaranteed to turn a bloke blue for short periods of time.

I'm still randomly coughing, ray, and can only sing a line or two at the time. It's a slooooow recovery. Damned annoying, but I was watching Aus Story last night about this poor young chick who's had cancer twice now and is facing removal of her larynx if the $4000/month drugs she's having trouble paying for, strangely enough, fail to halt it. And she's about 25 or so. Fark. So I have nothing to complain about.

I saw a bit of that - pharmascamland all over the world.
I still have trouble teaching without having to splutter or hack. It really hangs around - I actually started back on the cold'n'flu tabs this arvo because it feels awful & awfully familiar.
Speaking of singing - I really enjoyed you brucuvius rant but I do want to hear a song from your new line of the axeman'sjazz.

I saw a bit of that - pharmascamland all over the world.
I still have trouble teaching without having to splutter or hack. It really hangs around - I actually started back on the cold'n'flu tabs this arvo because it feels awful & awfully familiar.
Speaking of singing - I really enjoyed you brucuvius rant but I do want to hear a song from your new line of the axeman'sjazz.

Doesn't it hang around! So annoying... I have a couple in the pipeline ray, now I've been saying that a lot lately - but it's true!

Very cool stuff here, I like the music and video both. It's low tech but original, creative and very effective, the million dollar pros are terrified of people like you. I would have liked to see just a bit more variety in both the vid and music; IMHO you need at least a "bridge" part to contrast with the ambience you already have here in the music and the visuals. I like the scenes, but maybe just one or two more totally different ones would help a lot. Good work! Oh, and where's the blue van?

Very cool stuff here, I like the music and video both. It's low tech but original, creative and very effective, the million dollar pros are terrified of people like you. I would have liked to see just a bit more variety in both the vid and music; IMHO you need at least a "bridge" part to contrast with the ambience you already have here in the music and the visuals. I like the scenes, but maybe just one or two more totally different ones would help a lot. Good work! Oh, and where's the blue van?

Thanks, Ingo. Yes, the video is low tech and probably doesn't do anything particularly innovative. But it does try to create an atmosphere and showcase the performances. I think the song is the best thing I've ever done and it probably deserves a better video.

I also think it deserves more than half a dozen comments on a backwater music site, but there you go.

A dozen and a half comments and counting! I'm gonna work on another video soon, which actually has some cuts in it as opposed to just me sitting there singing about my love of coffee.

Back