Live Video Streaming

Bobbsy

Boring Old Git
I'm wondering if any of you have experience of doing live video streaming of some of your performances (for money)?

A friend in the USA has started doing a bit of this with moderate success using a company called "Concert Window". She's now done two live performances from her home and is wanting to do more of them...but Concert Window hasn't been perfect. The audience has reported that the interface to pay is clunky and not very user friendly (and doesn't take Paypal) and there have also been some technical issues with the streaming. The final straw is that they now want to raise the rate from 20% of revenues to 30%.

Because of my TV background she's asked me if I know of any other companies doing similar--but this is outside my area of experience so I promised I'd ask here. Does anybody have any suggestion for recommended alternatives to Concert Window? I'd love to hear of your experiences positive/negative.

Thanks!

I've used Ustream, but mostly experimentally. It seemed to work okay when I had the time to set it up. When I tried it at a live studio performance I was too busy mixing the band to pay attention to the video streaming and it didn't work out too well. I was streaming for free so I don't know anything about the payment setup.

Back