import video

Albertm

I wanted to edited video that already has sound on it. It is in mp4. But I couldn't import. Does Sonar not import mp4, should I change to another format. Its a long video and I basically just want to cut parts out (would like to work sound a bit too but they are combined so I believe and cant get audio into audio track) Any ideas would be helpful. thanks

Sony Vegas can help, but only if the video is not copy protected...should separate the audio and video. If not, just copy the video to an audio track and mute the video...it's what I use for church vids/drama productions. All your audio plug-ins will work.
Using Sonar, you'll need Quicktime for Sonar, but it only runs in 32 bit mode...
Otherwise, use a converter to change it from MP4 to something Sonar can handle.

Sony Vegas can help, but only if the video is not copy protected...should separate the audio and video. If not, just copy the video to an audio track and mute the video...it's what I use for church vids/drama productions. All your audio plug-ins will work.
Using Sonar, you'll need Quicktime for Sonar, but it only runs in 32 bit mode...
Otherwise, use a converter to change it from MP4 to something Sonar can handle.

Will get the Vegas, never heard of it, its not copyright protected.
What other formats does Sonar handle if not mp4? thanks

Will get the Vegas, never heard of it, its not copyright protected.
What other formats does Sonar handle if not mp4? thanks

list-grey.png

Windows Media (.wmv and .asf)
list-grey.png

Video For Windows (.avi)

list-grey.png

MPEG Video (.mpg)

list-grey.png

QuickTime Video (.mov)

simple Google search, cut and paste...

Back