How to remove audio in a .MOV file and replace with audio from Studio One recording?

Alan0354

I have a camera that create .MOV file. I don't like the sound, and I want to replace the sound with high quality audio recording using Studio One. Is there any free software that I can do this?

Not sure if there are free video editors out there, but that's what you a want; a video editor. There are versions of Sony Vegas for cheap and it will do what you want. Look for alternatives to Vegas and see if you can find something similar and cheaper.

Windows movie maker can do it, yes.
I've also had some luck with avid emux (which is also free). You can load a video file in and then select the audio file to play instead from a menu.

What I would do is get a free MOV2AVI converter, there are a few of them around. Convert the file at a very high bitrate (3000+) to retain the highest quality, Then use VirtualDub (also free) to strip the video from the avi and mux it back together with the new audio you want in there.

+1 of VirtualDub. When I shoot drum vids, I always mute the onboard mic and throw on the actual studio recording. I do stick clicks before playing to make things sync up.

I've never had good results with VirtualDub (or VirtualDubMod). It's just never seemed to work very well for me.

Back