How big is the average 4 minute pop song rendered video clip file?

Armistice

Son of Yoda
I seem to end up with these monster files which make me suspect I have something waaaaay wrong somewhere...

Using Vegas, but the 2nd best version.

Cheers

Very much depends on what format you're saving it as. For my Walk With Me video, the HD version is 600mb, the mpg version is 190mb and mp4 is 43mb.

Does that help?

Rendering is literally an art! It's all about how much you compress it and in what format. Make sure your resolution matches the original file size (don't render a 720P file to 1080P, that leaves letter boxing which is wasted space unless desired).

I have a 6 minute video that is 720P at 60FPS (which really increases size) that is only 446MB. The original I believe is measure in GB! I should also add that it is nearly impossible to tell any quality loss from the original (it's actually an improvement since there is color correction and brightness filters being applied to the rendered videos).

I use .wmv (windows media audio/video), quality CBR (2 pass if you want a little better picture). VBR makes an extremely large file but for the best picture (that might not even be noticeable). Your bit rate settings also have an effect on file size and render time with quality being effected. All these options are under the advanced render settings.

Yeah, thanks Chili and Farno - that will give me some idea... I'm not at home so I can't check on vids I've rendered, but at least I have a sanity check I can apply.. maybe it's not as bad as I thought...

Cheers

My latest from WMM & rendered as a large vid file in their preference of WMV is only 35mg. I'd love to do better quality & bigger files to support them but don't have the prog to do that. On top of which I'm only uploading to Utub so the higher values are redundant at present.

Back