First Music Video: Going Nowhere

arcadeko

Illuminatius Overlordious
3 Hours - about 20 minutes shooting and 2.5 hours editing... Just shot it in the studio :eek: let me know what you think

I am rendering a higher quality version...

Last edited:
Cool song. I'd like to hear the drums more upfront and spread out across the stereo field. Sorry, not sure how to accomplish that, but I think the trick is to pan wide the OH's.

It's difficult to come up with a flowing storyline for the video of a song, isn't it. I think lots of b-roll can really help out when mixed in with the studio shots. Grab the camcorder and go for a ride in the car and shoot video of people downtown. Or have your wife shoot video of you going up and down an escalator... going nowhere. Cut that in with the studio shots. Something simple like that can add a lot to a song.
Just some ideas.

Cool song. I'd like to hear the drums more upfront and spread out across the stereo field. Sorry, not sure how to accomplish that, but I think the trick is to pan wide the OH's.

It's difficult to come up with a flowing storyline for the video of a song, isn't it. I think lots of b-roll can really help out when mixed in with the studio shots. Grab the camcorder and go for a ride in the car and shoot video of people downtown. Or have your wife shoot video of you going up and down an escalator... going nowhere. Cut that in with the studio shots. Something simple like that can add a lot to a song.
Just some ideas.

I was thinking some time lapse traffic and crowded sidewalks would be cool. I wanted to get something together fast so didn't spend much time shooting. But I plan on making some more complex videos next.

Stories do help, and they are the hard part for sure.

Pretty cool. I'd scale back the filters and effects a little bit. I don't know about everyone else, but I get pretty bored of the videos where it's just the band playing with filters applied pretty quickly.

Pretty cool. I'd scale back the filters and effects a little bit. I don't know about everyone else, but I get pretty bored of the videos where it's just the band playing with filters applied pretty quickly.

I need more content :p

Back