fiN "The Artisan" Home Made Video Production

JonnyfiN

Hey Guys, I'm new to the forum but wanted to get your thoughts on my first music video and track.

The video is a 'behind the scenes' video about everything to do with the recording process:

fiN - The Artisan (OFFICIAL HOME MADE VIDEO) - YouTube

We completely recorded this track ourselves DIY, with no money and on what ever equipment we could get our hands on. We also did the video ourselves.

Would love to get some feedback on it.

Cheers

Good song, well recorded, well mixed. Really like the bass tone and the way it works with the kick.

The video was okay, but not great. Lots of random footage of the band in a studio, as your description says, Behind the scenes. Because there are no lyrics in the song, I think the video should have a stronger story line. Something has got to connect with the viewer and that part is missing.

Thanks for sharing!! :)

I seem to be on a similar wavelength to Chili at the moment. I enjoyed the track, which I thought was recorded very well.

The video was a typical 'adventure in the studio' production.

Importantly, the video seemed to be setting up an introduction to something (like an overture), so I was waiting for a development, particularly as the tune was building up and reinforcing this idea of something about to happen. But it kept on with the behind-the-scenes footage. Maybe you have in mind to lead into something else, but a four minute wait is probably a bit long.

What happened then, as I watched, was that my brain switched from listening to the tune as a tune in its own right, but as a precursor to something else. If the tune was meant to convey a particular idea, that idea didn't emerge because of the distractions in the footage.

You might like to think about a two-pronged approach. Develop a story line that dwells on the concept behind the tune, and mix footage of that with the studio footage.

Back