Experimental music video

Ardeus

I did a song sequence 20 years ago and at the time it didn't cross my mind to turn it into video.

It has 15 parts in different languages and it tells a story.

When I began doing the film I had no intention of appearing in it. On the 4th song I decided to use my face on the video and from then on, I began feeling a bit more at ease.

Here's the 7th song:

The film was selected for a film festival and I'm wondering if the common movie goer will find the sound quality too bad.

It sounds and looks a bit creepy if it is the effect you desired, I don't know. Sound I guess is OK. Visually it is quite rich and beautiful.

I recorded this over 20 years ago with a 4 track tape recorder and my ability and knowledge at the time resulted in this sound quality. My knowledge improved a bit over this time, but not enough to make the audio file better. A don't want to record the whole thing again.

The sound quality worries me, because the first presentation will happen in big film festival in Rome and I don't know if the sound quality will make it even worse on the viewers (the film is not only creepy, but overall very depressing). I remember once I got out of a cinema with an headache because the sound quality of the movie was terrible.

I don't know exactly what else to do to improve the sound quality and recording the whole thing again is not an option. I sent the audio file for a guy to try to improve the sound quality and all he did was apply noise reduction and that added distortion to the whole thing, it's even worse.

VomitHatSteve: Even if I will be the only person in that movie theater, I would like to have a good experience. It's a film festival, so weird films are the dish of the day, so maybe I won't be the only person there. If I am, it will still be an interesting experience :)

Next year, I am planning to present the film with live vocals, so I will have to dig out those multitrack tapes and try to get a version without vocals out of them.

Here's the whole thing, all 1 hour and 11 minutes of it :)

You may want to turn on the subtitles, because there are parts in English, French and Portuguese.

Back