Elena Video

Elena

Hi everyone.

I put on my best Fairy look for this version of "Scarborough Fair". I was imagining an older version of this song as explained below.

The lyrics suggest a tale of a young man who instructs the listener to tell his former love to perform for him a series of impossible tasks, such as making him a shirt without a seam and then washing it in a dry well, adding that if she completes these tasks he will take her back.

As the versions of the ballad known under the title "Scarborough Fair" usually adopt the premise of these impossible tasks, many suggestions concerning the plot have been proposed, including the hypothesis that it is about the Great Plague of the late Middle Ages. The lyrics of "Scarborough Fair" appear to have something in common with an obscure Scottish ballad, The Elfin Knight, which has been traced at least as far back as 1670 and may well be earlier. In this ballad, an elf threatens to abduct a young woman to be his lover unless she can perform an impossible task. (information from Wikipedia)

Please enjoy.

Scarborough Fair - Simon and Garfunkel - Performed by Elena House - YouTube

sf-thumbnail.jpg

I've always preferred the interpretation that the conversation is between a mortally wounded soldier and someone who is going to his home town (Scarborough). The premise is that if his true love is willing to try to do the impossible that he will know (at least posthumously) that she was truly his true love.

So how about some details? How and where it was recorded, how and where your videos are done, where you want to go with this... .

Elena sings this traditional English ballad of a former lover asked to perform impossible tasks to regain the favor of his affections with all the beauty and emotion that we've come to expect from this classic song and from this amazing artist. Elena adds refreshing, new vocalizations to the last words in some of the lines, for example "Thyme". She also makes full use of her "mixed voice" technique for her low- and mid-range which is fantastically done and pleasing to the ear, reminiscent of Elena's interpretation of Enya's "May It Be". Elena House is a star on the rise, and this song is a major advancement. Elena's mom is the editor extraordinaire for this video.

AS usual the vocal track needs a de esser - the combo of delay/reverb and vocal produces quite a lot of sss some of which is annoying but mostly it's fine.
Why to Slowmon & Karbunckle get the credit for a trad ballad and a generic Celtic Woman arrangement?

So how about some details? How and where it was recorded, how and where your videos are done, where you want to go with this... .

It was recorded in my greenscreen room upstairs. The camera is a Canon EOS and the editing software is Adobe Premier CS6. Mom films me and edits the videos. I do the sound in my den with a small Rode mic and Nuendo software. We are learning how to use the equipment and software little by little.

Thank you.

~Elena~

Elena sings this traditional English ballad of a former lover asked to perform impossible tasks to regain the favor of his affections with all the beauty and emotion that we've come to expect from this classic song and from this amazing artist. Elena adds refreshing, new vocalizations to the last words in some of the lines, for example "Thyme". She also makes full use of her "mixed voice" technique for her low- and mid-range which is fantastically done and pleasing to the ear, reminiscent of Elena's interpretation of Enya's "May It Be". Elena House is a star on the rise, and this song is a major advancement. Elena's mom is the editor extraordinaire for this video.

Aaaaaand maybe also poster extraordinaire on homerecording.com??

Beautiful voice, I'm sorry but the video isn't much to the song, the image in the background is strange to me.

but great job :)

Back