Cheap 1080HD Digital Recording Camera?

Houda

Hi all
Well I've been looking into digital camera's in order to record 1080HD Video (even 720 would do it i would think)
anyway's I've been having a look at the CANON ELPH 110 HS And SD4500 IS. They are both capable of 1080HD. I'm going to for budget so under or around $200, what does everyone think?
Mostly I'l be recording tutorials for music but I do want to make some music video's too.
Thanks everyone.

In the US, Best Buy is discontinuing one certain JVC model because the LCD is not touch pad capable. (The user must use tiny buttons to go through the menu.)

The model is GZ-E10 and it records in FullHD (1920 x 1080.) It is now on sale for about $200 or so bundled with a bunch of accessories.

I own one and under good lighting it gives a gorgeous picture with vivid color. Every bit as good as my JVC GZ-V500 model. It just has less options.

Why would i get a camera that is hard to navigate, when i can get a similar camera that offers 1080HD video for $170? how good are the accessories?

Why would i get a camera that is hard to navigate, when i can get a similar camera that offers 1080HD video for $170? how good are the accessories?

If all you want is the cheapest camera on the planet, then knock yourself out. I was only offering more ideas.

I know that still cameras are being used a lot for video these days, but if I were to be doing video stuff (which I am), I would rather go with video camera, not a still camera that can do video. If I were setting about doing tutorials (which I'm not) and music videos (which I am), I would look for a video camera that has greater capacity to produce quality results (upon which I would be judged), rather than the cameras that are aimed at the lower end of the domestic market (videos of the kids patting the elephants at the zoo, etc).

Most lower end cameras have a single chip to capture vision, and usually a small one. This gives functional, but unimpressive, resolution. Going a step up gets you a three chip camera (3CCD), one for each colour. More current cameras use the newer CMOS chip, and a single CMOS chip can deliver better results (depending on the camera and chip size) than a 3CCD camera. Better still (usually) are the 3MOS chipped cameras, i.e. those that use 3 CMOS chips.

Panasonic make some reasonably affordable 3MOS video cameras that are versatile, have many features and can give quality results. If you prefer Sony (who invented the CMOS chip), their 3MOS cameras are only in the higher end of their range.

If, however, your budget is tight (you mentioned $200), then these might be out of range. In that case, it doesn't really matter what you get; they will all be much of a muchness, and not all that impressive. Buy whatever you like, it's not going to make much of a difference. But recording in HD is not going to be very useful if the camera's internals don't deliver the quality that you would expect of HD.

Ah ok thanks for the info :) Ive had a look at some footage on youtube from these camera's and they seem to be decent. I would be getting a dslr if i could afford it

Back