Capturing more than one webcam at a time...

GazBrady

Anyone know of any software i could use to capture my laptop in built webcam and USB attached webcam at the same time so i can get dif angles of the same vid. The audio is not so much important as everything is wired through UX2 and edited, the overlayed on vid using Reaper etc..

Whew... don't know. I'd say, use real cameras, don't rely upon webcams and laptop cams for your video.

its the only option i have at the min, jsut thought it'd be easier thatn mutiple takes.. if i could set up both.

I'm assuming you're on a PC? I'm not very knowledgable of PC apps, so I don't know of any program that does this (although, that doesn't mean that one doesn't exist). Maybe you could run two different programs to capture the video, one for each camera?

Doesn't anyone else in the band have a laptop??

Setup up multiple pc's capturing video and, just like you do with audio, piece together the videos with a video editor later.

or play the songs several times and comp bits of several performances over one audio track-- no one will notice if you do it right
(I once simulated a multi-camera setup this way for a 2-hour play by taping a week's performances, moving the camera each night and using the best bits)

** webcams suck... you need real cameras.
** what video editor do you use? I highly suggest you spend $50 for Sony Vegas Studio if you're on a PC.

Back