Best Settings for You tube

anoopbal

I am curious to know what is the best way to upload your video and audio to youtube. My uploads are pretty quiet. How do they get the volume of some of the videos so high?

Thanks!!

Upload as H264 and ACC audio. Don't forget to master your sound; use some light compression on your final mix to get a good overall volume.

Upload as H264 and ACC audio. Don't forget to master your sound; use some light compression on your final mix to get a good overall volume.

Thanks Boss. I make the video using windows live movie maker. It doesnt have these options. What software should I use for this?

I popped a vid onto utub last week. The vid was an illustration of a recent song. For importation into Windows Movie Maker the audio file was .wav. I saved the project as wmv (default in save top this computer) and uploaded it as that. It took a while to be "processed" but came out in reasonable quality etc.
Here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVlSNUKsk-0&list=HL1391739384&feature=mh_lolz

Mind you the audio levels were properly sorted before being dropped into the WMM project.

This probably belongs in the Music Video Production section.

I think we are assuming you are uploading your own Song, which you would want to master. Everyone is very polite about "loudness" these days... but most stuff is compressed to shit :)

If you are using existing material it should already have been mastered and you should be able to crank the volume until just before the peaks are clipping (distorting ugly).

You can use free software like Audacity to prepare the audio. First Try "normalize..." the audio and if that's not loud enough then try the "Compressor..."

Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

Thanks for all the replies. I will do it and upload it here.

i am surprised I couldn't find too many threads with this question. I think youtube is one major way to promote your songs. Does anyone upload songs to youtube here?.'

I will post it in the video production too. Thanks!

Thanks for all the replies. I will do it and upload it here.

i am surprised I couldn't find too many threads with this question. I think youtube is one major way to promote your songs. Does anyone upload songs to youtube here?.'

I will post it in the video production too. Thanks!

I have a couple of lame-oh videos up on YouTube. Link in my sig.

I think I rendered to MP4 then uploaded. I forget the bitrate, but I'm sure it was pretty low.

I usually use Cubase for that, import the video and get it 'loud' that way but I literally never compress audio for film, because I prefer the largest dynamic range possible for the most impact.

oh and a quick 0.4 second search came up with this: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

That was one thing I wanted to ask. Do you master or do a compression if you want to upload it to youtube? I feel like youtube already compresses it and it maybe an overkill?

I'm quoting tyberium: H264 and ACC are the answer. Youtube tends to give more importance to HD so make sure to record it at high quality (both audio and video).
You can always use some tiny apps like iSkySoft iMedia Converter. They already have Youtube presets in the export panel.

Back