Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone want to make a video ????????

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthJO View Post
    Actually, songs are to be taken according to the video, right? Or do you select songs first?
    RuthJO: I don't understand your question, maybe more details about what you are asking.

To the other posts, after decades of recording just audio, I recently started experimenting with video and find it exponentially more difficult but also much more rewarding. Boo boos that could easily be corrected with audio editing stand out when combined with video. Care has to be taken to not change the length of either the audio or video files otherwise they can never be synced. There are also photographic composition considerations which is a complex subject on it's own. I record mostly nylon string solo guitar and one important thing I learned was in the event of a boo boo, keep the cadence going like nothing happened. The audio can be dubbed and edited and chances are no one but an expert musician will visually notice the mistake.

Syncing is not difficult if you add sync markers with hand claps (3) or a clapperboard. The gizmo I posted makes it super easy.

Despite the added complexity, I only make video recordings now with great audio from the techniques that I learned over the years and from this forum.
    Last edited by gomanvangough; 10-06-2016 at 12:36.

Thanks
    So what's the advantage of 3 claps/clicks? Is that just for redundancy in case there's noise or interference with one?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VomitHatSteve View Post
    So what's the advantage of 3 claps/clicks? Is that just for redundancy in case there's noise or interference with one?
    Background noise like bumping the mic or whatever causes single audio spikes which makes it difficult to identify a single sync clap. A group of 3 claps is easier to locate.

Thread Information