Ziggy Stardust cover by Greggy Buttcrust

I listened to the Ziggy album last night. There's some odd drum mixing on some songs. One with the snare on the left etc.
It's NOT a powerful recording of drums - particularly odd wwhen put into glam perspective as stomping bottom end was a big part of that scene.
The remastered version I was listened to seems to have made more of the acousticness than my old copy.
I like this revival - it actually breathes new life and power into the song.

Everybody who has already chimed in has already said it, but I'm gonna say it again: I think your rendition is instrumentally better than the original. As far as vocals, I think if people were hearing this song for the very first time (didn't have Bowie's version in their heads), you'd have a monster hit on your hands. Great mix, great sound, great performance!

Really late to this, but fun hearing you take on something really different sounding. Instrumentally you nailed the original sound pretty faithfully. Vocally you sound a little out of yer comfort zone in spots, but then you already knew this and it's just a bit of fun right?

Enjoyed the listen. A Greg version of Let's Dance next please :p

Everybody who has already chimed in has already said it, but I'm gonna say it again: I think your rendition is instrumentally better than the original. As far as vocals, I think if people were hearing this song for the very first time (didn't have Bowie's version in their heads), you'd have a monster hit on your hands. Great mix, great sound, great performance!
Hey thanks a lot. :)

Really late to this, but fun hearing you take on something really different sounding. Instrumentally you nailed the original sound pretty faithfully. Vocally you sound a little out of yer comfort zone in spots, but then you already knew this and it's just a bit of fun right?

Enjoyed the listen. A Greg version of Let's Dance next please :p

Lol, no fucking way. That was bad Bowie. Thanks for checking in dude. :)

Finally got to listen. When it started, my 7 year old, who was doing something on her kindle, gave me the nail-gun stare I get when I interrupt something. But by 1:00 she was dancing -- that's fr**(Fg amazing!

Very good Ronson sounds - I haven't read this whole thread (so no need to repeat yourself) but if you haven't already spilled the beans, how did you do it?

Finally got to listen. When it started, my 7 year old, who was doing something on her kindle, gave me the nail-gun stare I get when I interrupt something. But by 1:00 she was dancing -- that's fr**(Fg amazing!

Very good Ronson sounds - I haven't read this whole thread (so no need to repeat yourself) but if you haven't already spilled the beans, how did you do it?

Haha thanks dude, and pass on my thanks to your little one. lol.

I did the "Ronson sound" the same way he would have done it back in the day to the best of my ability in the present day - Les Paul into a half-cocked Crybaby wah into a Marshall Super Lead 1959 into a Greenback cab. The equipment part is pretty easy, the trick is finding the sweet spot on the wah and leaving it there.

Excellent performance, but the mix sounds a bit dry... instruments recorded separately with no glue. Sounds like a bunch of in your face tracks competing for domination. Don't get me wrong, all of the instruments (including vocals) sound great, but there's something missing in the final mix. Killer tones on all instruments. As observed from my audio postings I am no expert.

Excellent performance, but the mix sounds a bit dry... instruments recorded separately with no glue. Sounds like a bunch of in your face tracks competing for domination. Don't get me wrong, all of the instruments (including vocals) sound great, but there's something missing in the final mix. Killer tones on all instruments. As observed from my audio postings I am no expert.

That's cool, if that's how you hear it I'm fine with that. I like in-your-face. Thanks for the comments.

Instruments sound really, really good. Great energy and performances and tones.

My only nitpick is that, IMHO, I think you've got a better vocal take in you. I know his style is nowhere near yours, but there's a fair amount of pitchiness that I think was probably just the result of not having it down cold before you recorded it.

Nice work Greg.... Big fan of this song , this album and this era of Bowie and the band that was at this time...You did a damn fine job on it...

Die thread, die!

Instruments sound really, really good. Great energy and performances and tones.

My only nitpick is that, IMHO, I think you've got a better vocal take in you. I know his style is nowhere near yours, but there's a fair amount of pitchiness that I think was probably just the result of not having it down cold before you recorded it.
Thanks for listening. It's not that I didn't have the vocals "down cold", it's just that I'm not a good singer. I said a while back I was gonna redo the vocals, and I will, and it might not be better, but I'll give it another go one of these days. Maybe I'll do it more Greg style instead of actually trying to sing.

Nice work Greg.... Big fan of this song , this album and this era of Bowie and the band that was at this time...You did a damn fine job on it...

Thanks dude.

Back