Zedd - I Want You To Know ft Selena Gomez (Eschatron Remix)

Yup, TripleM has it all figured out guys! I just want you to click my link. I don't want you to listen to the song that I spent a month creating...That would be crazy right?

Seriously?

Yup, TripleM has it all figured out guys! I just want you to click my link. I don't want you to listen to the song that I spent a month creating...That would be crazy right?

Well, you're sending people to your songs on a contest page, where the rules of the contest specify that a criteria for passing the first round is "online activity" which means sending people to the site for clicks:

stupid contest said:
ELECTION OF WINNER: Winner selection will occur in two (2) stages, as follows:

ROUND ONE: During the Contest Period, the Contest platform will track each Submission's popularity using a proprietary ranking algorithm ("online activity"). Online activity tracking will be measured weekly throughout the Contest Period. Each week during the Contest Period, the Contest platform will identify the ten (10) Entrants with the highest online activity during that week (the Top Ten Weekly and the "Weekly Ranking" respectively). Each Entrant who's Submission (i) is in the Top Ten Weekly (in the highest Weekly Ranking) as determined by Administrator and (ii) also meets the Submission Requirements is guaranteed to have at least one (1) work from their Submission be reviewed by the Judging Panel in the Grand Prize Round. In the event that an Entrant has a Top Ten Weekly ranking in the Weekly Ranking on more than one occasion, the Judging Panel shall also review the next highest ranked Entrant so that there are a total of one-hundred (100) Entrants that are guaranteed to have at least one (1) work in their Submission be reviewed by the Judging Panel (the "Finalists") in the Grand Prize Round. Any attempt by a Designated Agent or an Entrant and/or his or her family/friends to use fraudulent mechanisms to unfairly affect the outcome, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall give Sponsor the right to disqualify the Entrant. Entrants will not be notified if they are being judged in the Grand Prize Round.

GRAND PRIZE ROUND: At the end of the Contest Period a qualified panel of judges which may include Zedd, which in any case shall include electronic dance music industry professionals and/or Sponsor executives, each possessing knowledge and/or experience concerning electronic dance music abilities in the music industry (the "Judging Panel"), as determined by Sponsor, will review and judge the Submissions of the one-hundred (100) top Entrants based on the ranking and process described in the Round One above. In the event that the Judging Panel, in its sole discretion, believes that it needs to draw from a larger number of Entrants, the Judging Panel reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to review additional Entrants. Except as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules, only the top one hundred (100) Entrants chosen as described in Round One above are guaranteed to be judged by the Judging Panel and, for the avoidance of doubt, only if such Entrants have not otherwise been disqualified pursuant to these Official Rules. After the close of the Content Period, the Judging Panel will select the Grand Prize winning Entrant (the "Winner") using the Judging Criteria set forth below.

It's reasonable for TripleM to be suspicious and call you on it. At worst, you're being deceptive. At best, you need to host your songs elsewhere or attach the MP3s directly to the post so it doesn't look so spammy.

And if you make it to the Grand Prize Round, you should thank people that help you instead of being all pissy and defensive about it.

For those noobs reading along and contemplating these types of schemes, think about it for a second:

HR is a supportive and remarkable DIY recording community. It isn't YouTube. Had X_Discord_X made a thread in the marketing or Prime Time forums announcing his candidacy and making the rules clear, he'd have a bunch of votes. A thread title like Help Me Win an Online Contest would be sufficiently clear.

Now he doesn't have very many votes and he kind of looks kind of shady.

Well said SC.

Deceptively getting people to vote is not really a good way to go about it. Putting up a file for us to listen to with a link to vote after, if we like it and should we choose to do so, would've garnered better results. As it is, you don't get my vote.

Maybe learn from this for next time. Good luck. :thumbs up:

Back