YOUwantME

Damn Pete that was sehr cool...I was getting all kinda starsky and hutch, beck, 70's images flashing around...v trashy and cool

mix sounded great to me...i dont think it needs vox, i liked it as an instrumental

btw my daughter was dancing, aint that a new one! :D

Awesome. Thank you. LOL @ Starsky & Hutch. I was definitely venturing into '70's cop show theme music at some point there.

That's right! You have a daughter and another one on the way I think? Shit, it's been a long time. My kids are all growed up. They got seriously into dub step. Dragged me to a Milo & Otis + Skrillex show (probably shit to someone seriously into the genre), but I really enjoyed it. Loud as fuck! I played some of your CD for my 12 yr. old son recently and he was all serious..."hey, he's pretty good...where's the drop?...oh, this one is more like trap..." etc. :) Good to hear from you.

Better yes...but the drums are still leading that section. I'd either write them differently to bring back the impact of them in that section....or just reduce the velocity during that section. The lead guitar needs to lead. If it does...then that section will have it own unique character....all the way to the drum break at 2:22. I hope you don't mind arrangement suggestions. Arrangement and composition are the things I key into the most.

I do not mind at all, and I think I hear what you're talking about. The intro builds nice enough, and following the drum break there's enough variety, but that whole middle section is just kind of everything going at once, which sounds kind of cool and was intentional, but I wouldn't mind coming up with ways to make it more unique...not sure its the drums, but maybe dropping some of the keys during that section would free up all the guitars to interact more and give it a different flavor? I dunno. I'll play around with it. I actually love erasing stuff just to see what it sounds like. Sometimes you find a whole new groove hidden in there when you just strip some things away. Thanks.

Wowa, Steve Miller Band is alive and kicking! ;) Nice one. Not sure if it can hold everyone's attention throughout the whole song though, it needs either vocals (but I appreciate you're going for an instrumental here) or a bit more variation in the soloing.

It's a glorious casserole of sounds and textures. Well done! I think the mix is fine in that the various elements are well represented. However, where the lead guitar is doing its thing, my brain is fizzing from trying to listen to that, but being pulled away by things that sound like competing leads coming from left and right.

My favourite bit is where it all goes a bit quite and we get a whole new set of sounds layered in.

It's a great track

New Mix

Wowa, Steve Miller Band is alive and kicking! ;) Nice one. Not sure if it can hold everyone's attention throughout the whole song though, it needs either vocals (but I appreciate you're going for an instrumental here) or a bit more variation in the soloing.

Thanks! lol at Steve Miller, but yeah, I guess I can hear that too...yeah, my "soloing" is kind of repetitive, especially on this. I cut some of it out last night which gives everyone a break from it for a few bars. Thanks again.

It's a glorious casserole of sounds and textures. Well done! I think the mix is fine in that the various elements are well represented. However, where the lead guitar is doing its thing, my brain is fizzing from trying to listen to that, but being pulled away by things that sound like competing leads coming from left and right.

My favourite bit is where it all goes a bit quite and we get a whole new set of sounds layered in.

It's a great track

Thank you GZ. That's very nice of you to say. :)

I did one more mix last night with this and other comments in mind where I carefully erased certain instruments throughout the middle sections to to try create more variety and a focus on fewer things at any one time. Not until the end now do you get everything going all at once. If anyone cares to listen and let me know if I was too heavy handed with the editing, or if it doesn't really work, I'd appreciate it (added to 1st post as well):

Thanks,
Pete

The fuzzy thing in the song is kinda different. On the fence on that. I think the drums need to come up just a bit.
Great lead tone/effects/playing. Those riffs really shine in this one.

The fuzzy thing in the song is kinda different. On the fence on that. I think the drums need to come up just a bit.
Great lead tone/effects/playing. Those riffs really shine in this one.

Thanks for the feedback ido. Yeah, I'm on the fence too. I think it helps that I kill some of the fuzziness to that part in sections though. I just wanted something in there that didn't sound like straight up funk or rock or whatever. Interesting on the drums. I thought they were plenty loud, but maybe last night I boosted some other things that kind of left the drums behind? Thanks again.

3815 or for antipodeans 8315 is very good.
Psychedelic Soul Heat Blasted.
A bit of Dobroesque doo doo kahzoo?
I like the new mix.

3815 or for antipodeans 8315 is very good.
Psychedelic Soul Heat Blasted.
A bit of Dobroesque doo doo kahzoo?
I like the new mix.

Thanks ray. Not sure how we split on the date thing?...probably long and complicated like the breakup of the catholic church or something. I could google it, but some things remain best unknown.

Glad you liked it. There's more room for vocals now, but still not sure I have the stomach for that.

Bit late to this, but managed to get a listen to v3 (that's the 1583 edition for us limeys right?) earlier. Sounds great to me - full, well balanced, plenty of interest and textures. I need to A/B when I'm back at my computer with speakers to hear where you've come from since v1, but unless you do end up working out some vocals, then I'd say it's done.

Really nice sounding mix Heat :thumbs up:

Bit late to this, but managed to get a listen to v3 (that's the 1583 edition for us limeys right?) earlier. Sounds great to me - full, well balanced, plenty of interest and textures. I need to A/B when I'm back at my computer with speakers to hear where you've come from since v1, but unless you do end up working out some vocals, then I'd say it's done.

Really nice sounding mix Heat :thumbs up:

Hey rob, thanks for checking in. I thought it was 8/3/15 in the U.K.? Anyway, I really made more arrangement changes than anything else with these 3 mixes. All based on the feedback from the good people here. I think it helped clean it up and give it more focus. I think it sounds pretty good, but still kind of boring though. :( I used to write songs damn it! :)

Listened to mix #3. LOVED it.

That is all.

Great job, Pete.

Awesome. Thanks kev man. :)

All my music time's going into a tune I'm working on right now, but the back burner's had this idea for your tune:

The chorus/repeat line is 'things ain't what they appear to be'

One verse starts with: 'I never should have left south California'

Another verse starts with: 'I could have been playing in your boyfriend's band'

Each verse is a loser, but funny, and ends with 'things ain't what they appear to be'.

It's about how we're on a 'train' and think we have the ability to decide where we're going lol. Feel free to write while I'm otherwise occupied.

All my music time's going into a tune I'm working on right now, but the back burner's had this idea for your tune:

The chorus/repeat line is 'things ain't what they appear to be'

One verse starts with: 'I never should have left south California'

Another verse starts with: 'I could have been playing in your boyfriend's band'

Each verse is a loser, but funny, and ends with 'things ain't what they appear to be'.

It's about how we're on a 'train' and think we have the ability to decide where we're going lol. Feel free to write while I'm otherwise occupied.

Cool. I actually like where you're going there...I would be very interested to here if you get a chance to complete your ideas. :)

The mix is doing great. If dobro can't get the vocal done, I am down to try. ;)

Cool! Thanks. Do I smell a duet? We can call it superbro! :)

Back