You Need Her Around

SilverBeat

"You Need Here Around" Is My March 2018 song.

I wrote "You Need Her Around" after reading a book called "Lennon". In the book a observation about what the song,"You've Got To Hide Your Love Away", is really about was mentioned. That's all it took

Cheers,
Terry

You Need Her Around. by Terry Carroll | ReverbNation

She can make you feel so good
Make you feel ten feet tall
Like the worlds all yours
Like you got it all
She can bring out the best in you
You’re gonna love every thing she can do
Yeah you’re gonna get hooked on it too

Chorus

You need her around
When things get hard
So learn to hold her in the highest regard
You need her around
You know that you do
She’s the blood in your veins
She’s there for you
Don’t let her go
She’s the best thing you’ll ever know

She is more than just a dream
Ah She’s a dream come true
And she lives for love as she lives for you
She will lift you up all so high
Your gonna live knowing you’ve touched the sky
Yeah you’ll feel like you well never die

Repeat chorus

Oh we all lose sight sometimes
We lose are way
But she’ll be there to get you through the night
All through your life each and every day

I thought the song was very catchy. I thought all the parts were cool. However some of the synth parts get a bit busy. Maybe keep the drums a little simpler to compensate.

I liked the vocal sound.

The drums are a bit far back in the mix and sometimes get almost lost.

I think the biggest thing I noticed on the mix was it was a bit light. The bass seems to have enough low end, and the kick was there. But above the low end instruments, there were just kind of mid-range synths. There was nothing to fill the low midrange - like 200hz to 400hz or that range.

I'm in kind of a bad mood, so the happiness and cleanness of everything is grating on me.
That may not be helpful feedback tho...

The one semi-objective nit I'm catching is that the sibilants and lip smacks are very loud and bright. I'd double check your vocal chain for that.

Melody and vocal delivery kind of remind me of She's So High.

Your voice reminds me of Donovan. Cool!

I think you go maybe a tiny bit overboard with having too much fun with the vocals if that makes sense? Your inflections and vocal tone shift dramatically throughout the verse. I think the chorus sounds fine, though.

That’s totally a personal opinion. Take it how you like.

The drums, unfortunately (for my taste) sound like a cheap 80s drum machine, like my old Boss DR1. Likewise the synth/key parts give it that same mid/late 80s sound, and do get very busy at times. Maybe that's exactly the kind of sound you're going for, in which case bump the drum sounds up, and maybe find a little low/mid-low somewhere, as it sounds very hi-passed.

i think the vocal is very unstable feeling. you seem to go off pitch quiet often, and the effects on the vocal make it sound kinda odd. the actual vibe of the song is pretty cool. the mix needs work tho i cant even hear the percussion. i think you went a little crazy on the synths and forgot to check your low end, remember that low end carries a song! keep working my man

Back