You know I like Radiohead, don't you? Well here's another.

This is the first track I have mixed using my new studio monitors - Yamaha HS5s.

All the instruments are real and played, not programmed.

What do you think?

I think the vocals might be a bit quiet - AGAIN! :mad: I need somebody to mix my vocals, I always bury them a little.

The opening guitars ain't quite right - they're kinda scooped or boxy or something.

The bass ain't quite right - it's way way too tubby.

The vocal's fine. But I'd put everything except the vocal on a buss of its own and then adjust the vocal and the 'other instruments buss' relative to each other. Why? You got a nice sound going on the instruments, so you can think of them as one big instrument that's backing the vocal. Which is the star of the show. Ta-daaa!

Bubba...

I'm not sure how many times you've sung this song, but I'd sing along to the album a few times more, then re-track the vocal, getting closer to the mic and singing more softly as the canny Scot kcearl suggested and then keep your digits away from the reverb knob.

The main guitar's a bit gruntier on the original, but otherwise it all sounds pretty good.

If one of Radiohead mysteriously dies in the near future, I'm sending the police your way. Clearly gunning to replace a few of them... :D

Oh, and when you've done the whole album.... "Po-K Computer".... :laughings::laughings::laughings::laughings::laughings::laughings:

I kill me... :thumbs up:

:mad:

Lol, I thought the singing on this was going to be so easy to do when I started this project - well in my range, not too far off my tone, and no "gymnastics". Just shows how wrong you can be. :D

A fav from radiohead for me. THough the acoustic version of Creep is probably my main fav. I was soooo happy when they made a proper prog albu, They'd nodded in that direction on various tracks on Iron Lung etc.
Your version is quite authentic. I enjoyed it and will play the album tonight because you've put me in THAT mood.

A fav from radiohead for me. THough the acoustic version of Creep is probably my main fav. I was soooo happy when they made a proper prog albu, They'd nodded in that direction on various tracks on Iron Lung etc.
Your version is quite authentic. I enjoyed it and will play the album tonight because you've put me in THAT mood.

Thanks, Ray - I hope you had a good revisit to THAT album. :D

Back