You Had It All

Wow. I totally missed this one. I like it a lot. The guitars are awesome. The intro lick had me thinking James Bond...you know, just that little bit where it ascends and descends in semi tones? Plus the tone of the guitars themselves reminds me of that era.

It's a cool tune. A bit darker (style-wise, not mix-wise) and mellower than some of your other recent stuff. Very interesting.

I really liked the tone of the bass, the bass line and the level there, although I could see how it might be a bit strong for some. Drum parts were cool too. If it were me, I might bring down the vocals a tad. They seemed a bit loud when they first come in, but when the arrangement is fuller later on, they seemed right. Overall though, I didn't really have any problems with this mix (I listened to the one from post 14) and I enjoyed the song - thanks!

Cheers Heat mate.

I agree it is a bit of a darker tune to my usual outings. I put that down to a lack of direction and genre/style when writing songs. I just write songs. What comes out when I have that moment is what it is. I also totally get the James Bond reference, you're not the first to notice and I'm sure you'll not be the last, although that was completely unintentional. I was after more of a 'Beck - Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime' kinda feel with the music. (When I wrote it at least, in my own way)

Glad you enjoyed it - Thanks again :thumbs up:

I REALLY like this.
I'm listening with h/phones o the toms thumping is bugging me a bit.
I like the voice, bass, guitars & drums.
I like the song.
Bo d'odour?
Nah,
I had a song sink from page one without a single comment about 2 1/2 weeks ago.
I'll resurrect it some day.
There's def. an ebb & flow to attendance in the clinic of late.
The ebb tide is somewhat lost under the swell of harvesters though.
The regs are the ebb 'n' flow & then harverster sare the dumpers & rips.
If we stay between the flags the life guards will see us safe.

Thanks Ray. I think I might try toning the Toms down a touch to more of a rumble rather than the thumping roll I currently have.

Glad you enjoyed it. :thumbs up:

Back