Working on some guitar tones.

And the "weapon" Freud typically refers to is actually a cock. And these cock weapons were in reference to the nightmares of abstinent women in which they get stabbed to death by dicks. Freud was a perv.

Guntards have hilariously misused that non-quote for a long time.

And the "weapon" Freud typically refers to is actually a cock. And these cock weapons were in reference to the nightmares of abstinent women in which they get stabbed to death by dicks. Freud was a perv.

Guntards have hilariously misused that non-quote for a long time.

Yeah, but people always miss use information on both sides of any argument. It's the way humans roll. To err is human. You can relate gun arguments to Sigmund Freud's theory of penis envy. We have to ask ourselves the following questions.

Is your penis is too big? Can you hunt with your penis? Do you really need a fully automatic penis? Does penis crimes really go down in areas that have strict penis laws?

I don't know about all that. I only know that most gun advocates are the last mofos that should be allowed to have them.

I personally liked the "with EQ" the best. I think it removed some of the "harshness" from the mids and highs.

I don't know about all that. I only know that most gun advocates are the last mofos that should be allowed to have them.

Back to the topic. I'm not sure I could get any better of a sound with the gear I have. I think I've managed to make baby steps towards it sounding better, but I'm really not sure about anything. I'm going to take my time and add some bass and keep experimenting. I have to wait for some new bass strings to come in the mail... The ones I have aren't suitable for drop tuning. Next time I buy schit I'm going with all baritone guitars to save me some freaking headaches. I might even go the route of getting a Baritone acoustic. You should try one :D

I personally liked the "with EQ" the best. I think it removed some of the "harshness" from the mids and highs.

Thanks man, but it also makes it sound a bit weird. Not sure I'll be using it anymore.

Back to the topic. I'm not sure I could get any better of a sound with the gear I have. I think I've managed to make baby steps towards it sounding better, but I'm really not sure about anything. I'm going to take my time and add some bass and keep experimenting. I have to wait for some new bass strings to come in the mail... The ones I have aren't suitable for drop tuning. Next time I buy schit I'm going with all baritone guitars to save me some freaking headaches. I might even go the route of getting a Baritone acoustic. You should try one :D
Lol. A baritone acoustic huh? Make it a 7 string and it will be every guitar I hate all rolled into one.

Maybe you should try your luck at some metal dork forum. They use drop tunings and sims all the time. Surely there's someone there that's more experienced with these kinds of tones and gear than we are.

Lol. A baritone acoustic huh? Make it a 7 string and it will be every guitar I hate all rolled into one.

Maybe you should try your luck at some metal dork forum. They use drop tunings and sims all the time. Surely there's someone there that's more experienced with these kinds of tones and gear than we are.

It sounds just like a regular acoustic man just more deep, you know? I was singing along with one just goofing off and it felt easier if that makes sense. At one time I would of felt the same as you, but that old saying don't knock it till you try it rings true.

Whatever sounds good to you is the best option. Good luck! Was this with a real amp mic'd up or was it an amp sim?

yeah man, thanks for listening. It's an amp sim. I have a crappy tube amp, but it's even harder to get it to sound good than the amp sims. I think I mostly need better gear, but at the same time I'm itching to make music...

Do you still have that jet city thing? Have you tried slamming the front end with an overdrive?

No because I don't have one. I have looked at all the different effects pedals, but I'm not really sure which to get lol.

No because I don't have one. I have looked at all the different effects pedals, but I'm not really sure which to get lol.

Well an OD pedal is not really an "effect". An overdrive pedal just jacks up the guitar level hitting the amp harder. They're not really "distortion pedals" because they're not like an amp in a box. They're signal boosters. This also tightens up the sound some making things, well, tighter, more articulate, as well as pumping up the gain because it's driving the preamp section harder. They go really well with lower gain amps. Some OD pedals like the classic Tube Screamers and Boss Super OD have some dirt you can add as well. But to me they sound best as simple clean boosts. Keep the "drive" low but max the pedal volume and hold on tight. You're gonna be jamming those preamp tubes with hot signal. All those gay ass 70s/80s metal maniacs like Randy Rhoads and Glen Tipton and CC Deville and so on.....low gain amps slammed with overdrive pedals.

You can get used Boss Super Overdrives and used Tube Screamer TS-9s for next to nothing. Maxxon OD is good too. Try one out.

Well an OD pedal is not really an "effect". An overdrive pedal just jacks up the guitar level hitting the amp harder. They're not really "distortion pedals" because they're not like an amp in a box. They're signal boosters. This also tightens up the sound some making things, well, tighter, more articulate, as well as pumping up the gain because it's driving the preamp section harder. They go really well with lower gain amps. Some OD pedals like the classic Tube Screamers and Boss Super OD have some dirt you can add as well. But to me they sound best as simple clean boosts. Keep the "drive" low but max the pedal volume and hold on tight. You're gonna be jamming those preamp tubes with hot signal. All those gay ass 70s/80s metal maniacs like Randy Rhoads and Glen Tipton and CC Deville and so on.....low gain amps slammed with overdrive pedals.

You can get used Boss Super Overdrives and used Tube Screamer TS-9s for next to nothing. Maxxon OD is good too. Try one out.

I try that one once I get a chance to :D

I have a boss blues driver overdrive pedal. I bought it years ago and stumbled on a guitar electronics geek website and did "The Keely mod" on it. It transformed it from a good pedal to an amazing pedal. There were mods for every kind of pedal you could think of.
by the way the without eq sounds best. I agree with Greg about the lack of punch though.

I have a boss blues driver overdrive pedal. I bought it years ago and stumbled on a guitar electronics geek website and did "The Keely mod" on it. It transformed it from a good pedal to an amazing pedal. There were mods for every kind of pedal you could think of.
by the way the without eq sounds best. I agree with Greg about the lack of punch though.

Those "keeley mods" are pretty common. Lots of decent pedals have been made much better with keeley mods.

I think you have a very good ear and the 1st track is the best to me. It has a real BITE. You are on the right track, stay with your own gut!

Thanks buddies. I ordered some new bass strings yesterday so hopefully it'll be closer to where I want it once it has some pumping bass lines :p

Yo dudes. So, I added some bass and did a few things to the guitar tones. I put way less distortion on the guitars, but not sure it sounds any better. It's got bass now. So, does it still sound like shit or is it ok?

This one has some slightly different settings.

Back