Work in progress inspired by The Killers (no vocal)

STAT1STICK

Hey guys! It's been a while. Just broke out of one hell of a 2 year rut. I've been listening to music I don't normally listen to and one band that I keep coming back to is The Killers. I went out and bought two of their vinyls and pretty much played them to death all of last week.

I got the itch to record something new when Friday rolled around and I just sat down with my bass and wrote. Sunday comes and I've recorded a whole song, minus the vocals, and I can't believe how easy it came out. I'm writing lyrics at the moment, still trying to decide the style of vocal for this. I don't even know if I can pull it off. But here it is. The mix is simple. Very light eq work on the tracks with a subtle compression and dynamics on the master.

UPDATE: I will not be performing vocals for this song. I do have a vocalist who is currently writing lyrics and will be tracking soon. I'll post an updated mix once I get his tracks and have implemented them.

Last edited:
Never mind, guys. I'm scrapping this one. Its not my style. Thanks anyway. Whoever runs this place these days, feel free to delete this post. Thanks.

Last edited:
"[New] No title", correct? There's tiny adjustments I would suggest in the mix but this sounds good IMO. I wouldn't toss it.

If you're in need of a vocalist maybe post a collaboration request [I don't sing so I can't be of help].

Back