WNJ fiddlin fun

Only had time to listen to Golden Ring, but I plan on listening to the others because this was so damn good!

Very fun! You guys can really play. My Grandpa used to play bluegrass back in the day and this reminded me of some of his recordings.

Excellent stuff! :)

thanks, come on over next Wed. he he he he he, we have a good time , as if you can't tell in the tunz.

dtb

On my second listen to "old man". Lovin' it! Definite download.
My only complaint (if they're being taken) is the crispness of the recordings. I see parametric settings in my head, I'm sure you like the clarity and detail of the high eq, it just seems a little overpowering to me.

JAKE

thanks Jake, yeah, fairly new recorder. Trying diff thinks. Most of my stuff has usually been too bass heavy. Thought I try some highs.

thanks,
again

dtb

Man does this bring back memories. This is what my house sounded like all the time when I was growing up. Very, very cool my friend. I'm going to go through some of my old reel to reel's and see if I can find an old Friday night jam. Again, I really enjoyed this.

you do a good job at capturing the jam.. sounds damn good.. did you record the vocals live too? or were they added after? they were pretty low at times, but the overall sound was good.. I listened to the first three tunes.. Made me wish I had one of those jugs to blow in and jam along! :D

I see you have the 788 licked!:D
Really sounds good,great live sound.

I listened to Golden Ring,the only thing I heard was flanging on the acoustic strumming.
Mabey it's mic placement,or the room?

Some great playing going on there,sounds like a blast!:D

Really enjoyed it,thanks.

Pete

I would pay the cover charge to get me and the ol lady in, in a heartbeat. 'twas fresh and alive sounding, everything was in tune. The ambience and imaging suggested you were in cramped quarters when recording it though. Maybe more mics to get a little more field width.

SHUT UP, just kidding. Fellows, I run 6 mics into a mixer, and then a mono out to the stereo inputs on the 788, put on one of them thar eeeffects, preset, you know, and let 'er eat. Run the recorder straight thru the evening, except for beer and "smoke" breaks. Every Wed. nite. So.

Track, must find then Friday nite jams, man, I bet they are cool. More than likely, just real music going down.

Damn, B., I always figured you blew, as long as you drink the contents first, it'll be in key, he he he he

muze, that could be me "flanging" that damn Martin, and it's more than likely feeding back thru the PA speakers, that are hooked up as monitors for us'en to hear. Did I say that? Shit, man, it's just music. I'm sure the effects thing is "effecting" it too. he he he he

987, first name, nine, middle name, eight, last name, seven. OK. Send the check too.....he he he he he he, Well let's see, since you were thinking. The "studio" is a corner of my basement, with about 2 moving vans worth of shit all around. About 25x40 area. Concrete all around, with exposed ceiling with insulation in it. So now you know where I live, come on over. he he he he he he Every Wed nite, about dark. Bring yo own beer. he he he he

Thanks guys, it's refreshing to hear that you folks enjoy what we do, without having to freaking expect a damn produced demo or whatever. You know, if I hadn't got into this home recording hobby, we'ed (get it?, weed) still be doing this shit every Wed. nite. And wouldn't give a rip if you guys, or anyone else ever heard it. So I really enjoy you peoples responses, and believe me, I pass it on to the guys. And they usually say the same old thing every time, "what the hell's wrong with them internet guys, they think this shit is music?" he he he he he he he he he he he

And if they got off their sorry wasted asses, and went to a HR.COM jamfest, they'd understand, where I'm coming from.

thanks again folks, we'll make more. he he he he he

dtb

"Did I say that? Shit, man, it's just music. I'm sure the effects thing is "effecting" it too. he he he he"

You definitly said that!:D
The effects definitly make the music sing!:D :D

Hey dtb,
I listened to fiddlin' .......great stuff man! Youre getting a clean live sound w/ your 788 man....... very impressive.

You country folk be gettin a groove on:D

great stuff man g

Hey G, thanks, I'm really thinking of getting some mics. he he he

And Tex, what's up, uh, stereo to the recorder? oh, shit, man, you mean I gotta get ANOTHER chord! Just kidding. Got to try that. One of these days I too, will be as smart as Roel.

thanks again dudes,

dtb

hey rick, well you know, if it wasn't fun, I wouldn't do it.

thanks, and later on,

dtb

Dan

Back