The Winds of Change - new guitar-rock song

Retracked vocals yesterday, with a few minor lyrical changes. Futzed around with a bunch of other things, and reduced the limiting/compression on the master track.
New mix 1-31-16

...and listening to your latest track, we like different snare styles

and just for clarity,
i used a different snare on every single song on the album.

so, i'm pretty much all over the map when it comes to snares.
i pick em per the song,
if i hired a drummer to do live tracks,
i'd make bring at least 6 snare drums!

and just for clarity,
i used a different snare on every single song on the album.

so, i'm pretty much all over the map when it comes to snares.
i pick em per the song,
if i hired a drummer to do live tracks,
i'd make bring at least 6 snare drums!

One of the mix changes I made wa adding some more bottom snare mic!

Everything seems in it's place. I want the Vox up just a smidge, but that is always personal as a vocalist.

Like the wind sound, not cheesy. Nice work on the overall tune......

The vocals sound over processed to me as does the lead in some spots - the solo goes on for a bit too long.
The main rhythm guitar sounds lonesome in the verses but more at home in the thick part of the chorus.
I like the snare but not the kick which gives the song a plodding feel.
Bass sits pretty well.
Organ/key fit the arrangement well.
Wind - sounded odd when it started for the outro but made sense after a few seconds. May need a longer fade in and out.
Interesting song.

The vocals sound over processed to me as does the lead in some spots - the solo goes on for a bit too long.
The main rhythm guitar sounds lonesome in the verses but more at home in the thick part of the chorus.
I like the snare but not the kick which gives the song a plodding feel.
Bass sits pretty well.
Organ/key fit the arrangement well.
Wind - sounded odd when it started for the outro but made sense after a few seconds. May need a longer fade in and out.
Interesting song.

Thanks, Ray.

Un-FXed vocal sounded so BLAH on this one, I will certainly experiment with some different stuff. I tried an Ozzifier doubling, didn't like it. It's got a preamp, then Line 6 preamp chorus and delay.
Lead guitar part is unprocessed, just high gain setting on the amp. Reverb (buss) on it is a little higher than on other instruments.
You can hear the rhythm guitar change - the choruses and between-verse parts have a 2nd guitar playing the exact same part, but with a brighter tone on the amp. Maybe I need to add just a little of that into the verses, too.
Good idea on fade-in on the outro wind.

Just dropped by for listen of the newest mix. Still sounds great...
2nd chorus - edit? There kind of a cross fade sound there just before the hook. Might be effects though.
The chorus lead vocals could use a wee bit more clarity (words are discernible but I'm losing them under the music) - the bridge at the end seems to have what I'm talking about if you want an example.
But all in all very good - I love the arrangement of the various parts and instruments. Guitar lead is perfect level and soars nicely during the solos...:D

Back