The Wild by Meursault Beats

Good groove-I like the mood, seems to have more attitude than the last song you posted. I like the high note sounds-that cool randomy arpeggiating sound in the first section and the repeating part in the second section. It almost sounds like it's talking. The drums still sound a little generic to me, and again the velocities seem the same on every snare hit making some of the hits sound unnatural. There's also no ambience on the drums, the bass parts and the higher parts have such character and the drums are so direct and characterless and quite forward in the mix. I guess this is just a personal preference thing, sorry to harp on it again.

There's also no ambience on the drums, the bass parts and the higher parts have such character and the drums are so direct and characterless and quite forward in the mix. I guess this is just a personal preference thing, sorry to harp on it again.

no, i noticed it too. everything else is washed in reverb, rather nicely actually, but then the kick and snare seem in a diff space; front and center commanding the most attention and stealing from the cool bits and pieces. if this were in front of me, i'd send the drums to a bus with the same reverb, play with the amount, and then turn them down about .5db.

Really appreciate the notes on the drums. Great info. I think I just really like hard hitting drums to come through the mix. I probably need to make it more subtle and make small detailed changes.

It is probably ironic that I'm originally a drummer, but I dislike working on the drums the most. I am more interested in creating melodies.

Pretty awesome track man, do you do these with a producer's pack or building the sounds yourself? Really curious how people make these great polished beats, they're all over soundcloud.

The guitar bits in the intro felt very harsh, I might try a dip around 3k on there just for the intro. When the rest of the instruments are in it sounds fine though. The mix sounds great to me aside from that complaint.

Really curious how people make these great polished beats, they're all over soundcloud.

I've considered doing some electro kinda stuff, or just adding into a rock song, but I'm too confused on which sounds are "dated" or current. I could sample 10 electronic kicks and not have any idea which ones are too 80's or whatnot; especially in solo. Lots of ppl here that do dance/electronic are pretty good at having the tones current and relevant.

Yeah same here, I tried making one recently for a vocalist on reddit. I used a pack I got online, when he heard what I was working on he was like "wow, old school!" Apparently I was using samples that were from the early 2000s. :\

Yeah same here, I tried making one recently for a vocalist on reddit. I used a pack I got online, when he heard what I was working on he was like "wow, old school!" Apparently I was using samples that were from the early 2000s. :\

exactly. "wow, real 2003 here dude!" um, ok. hah. I was aiming for more like late 2007, but that's ok :)

yeah i don't get what makes that stuff current.

Back