Why You Called - alternative pop - comments???

Appears I've totally misconstrued Fleet's comment. I didn't know he was referring to his own tune earlier. Completely my bad, I'm the one at fault there. Apologies Fleet. All's good here. :facepalm::D

I missed this comment. maybe you guys didn't realize it's not 1986 anymore and every song doesn't have to slowly fade out over 5 minutes....... what a thing to nitpick out of an entire track. :facepalm:

Look...if you're going to get this defensive over every comment....then don't ask for comments.

I said...the ending sounds like you fumbled your way out during the fade...like you stopped playing abruptly, then hit another chord or two, then let that fade...like someone walked in the room and you stopped playing.

That was the comment...nothing about 1986 and letting it slowly fade for 5 minutes.... :facepalm:
You said that's the ending you wanted.
OK...then why did it take you a whole day to pick out that one post you quoted above, and reply to it, after you already passed by it and replied to other posts?
Do you wanna just keep defending your choices...or is it to fan the flames?

Look...if you're going to get this defensive over every comment....then don't ask for comments.

I said...the ending sounds like you fumbled your way out during the fade...like you stopped playing abruptly, then hit another chord or two, then let that fade...like someone walked in the room and you stopped playing.

That was the comment...nothing about 1986 and letting it slowly fade for 5 minutes.... :facepalm:
You said that's the ending you wanted.
OK...then why did it take you a whole day to pick out that one post you quoted above, and reply to it, after you already passed by it and replied to other posts?
Do you wanna just keep defending your choices...or is it to fan the flames?

Haha, I just missed it is all. Didn't see that one at all until this morning at work. On the weekends, I stick to mobile and we all know how disturbing the mobile experience is on this forum.

My point is - it seems a silly thing to criticize. That's all. Am I not allowed to object to your comment? I like the ending a lot, and I especially wanted it to sound like a band dropped their instruments and said "we're done". The 1986 comment, while somewhat true, was probably a tad too much.

My bad. Can't recall an issue with you before. We good?

---------- Update ----------

All press is good press. Said someone sometime somewhere.

My point is - it seems a silly thing to criticize.

My bad. Can't recall an issue with you before. We good?

That's the thing...there was no issue....and I wasn't criticizing just to nit-pick or be silly. :)

I listened to it...you were asking for comments....and from my perspective, the things I commented about were things that stuck out at me as something I would change or take another look at.

No need to be so defensive about your choices or to tell me you worked on them for a long time, etc.
I said right off that you could ignore my comments if you disagreed with them.

This is why I tend to stay away from this forum and not comment on too many of the songs posted...because it's a thin line trying to comment on something so subjective as music, without stepping on toes....and I really do hate doing the "sounds great" empty ego-stroke kind of comments just to avoid stepping on toes. It's easier to just not bother....

That's the thing...there was no issue....and I wasn't criticizing just to nit-pick or be silly. :)

I listened to it...you were asking for comments....and from my perspective, the things I commented about were things that stuck out at me as something I would change or take another look at.

No need to be so defensive about your choices or to tell me you worked on them for a long time, etc.
I said right off that you could ignore my comments if you disagreed with them.

This is why I tend to stay away from this forum and not comment on too many of the songs posted...because it's a thin line trying to comment on something so subjective as music, without stepping on toes....and I really do hate doing the "sounds great" empty ego-stroke kind of comments just to avoid stepping on toes. It's easier to just not bother....

I dont recall typing that I worked on anything for a long time. The ending was simple and the obvious choice to me, it was natural to go that route and it was instinctual, not so much calculated. Maybe I missed what you meant?

Anyway, I think we're having a misunderstanding all around. Simply, I wouldn't bother telling someone how many bars or measures something should be unless it's blantantly obvious that its causing a problem in a song. I wouldn't tell someone their ending is uninteresting. Who am I to say that? Its a clinic for mixing, and mixing comments are what most of us are looking for. At least I am. Maybe I'll put a disclaimer in my initial post next time saying "if you don't like my song, that's awesome, but how's the mix sounding?".

Forgot about it. Can we call this a day yet?

I dont recall typing that I worked on anything for a long time.

I don't want to go back into everything again, as I'm not looking to defend my comments...but just so you don't think I'm making things up...this is what I recall you saying, it was about the fill, but you did point out that you "worked on it a long time" as some sort of defense to my saying it sounds fumbled.

Nah, it's def in time. Spent a lot of time on that one.

Anyway, I think we're having a misunderstanding all around. Simply, I wouldn't bother telling someone how many bars or measures something should be unless it's blantantly obvious that its causing a problem in a song. I wouldn't tell someone their ending is uninteresting. Who am I to say that? Its a clinic for mixing, and mixing comments are what most of us are looking for. At least I am. Maybe I'll put a disclaimer in my initial post next time saying "if you don't like my song, that's awesome, but how's the mix sounding?".

Forgot about it. Can we call this a day yet?

Look...you post something and you ask for comments...you get comments. :)
I said I thought you had a decent song otherwise...never said I didn't like it.
If you want to put up disclaimers about what type of comments are welcome...well, maybe you should.

Anyway, it's obvious still here that you were bothered by all of my comments...and if I had any idea it was going to go down this way...I wouldn't have said a thing, and I will not comment any more on your songs...
...that way, we can keep it friendly in other areas of the forums. :thumbs up:

Work's for you?

I don't want to go back into everything again, as I'm not looking to defend my comments...but just so you don't think I'm making things up...this is what I recall you saying, it was about the fill, but you did point out that you "worked on it a long time" as some sort of defense to my saying it sounds fumbled.

Look...you post something and you ask for comments...you get comments. :)
I said I thought you had a decent song otherwise...never said I didn't like it.
If you want to put up disclaimers about what type of comments are welcome...well, maybe you should.

Anyway, it's obvious still here that you were bothered by all of my comments...and if I had any idea it was going to go down this way...I wouldn't have said a thing, and I will not comment any more on your songs...
...that way, we can keep it friendly in other areas of the forums. :thumbs up:

Work's for you?

Ok, the fill. Thought we were still on the ending. I can't keep up.

No need to go to that measure. You don't have to if you don't want to, that's up to you. I just find writing comments pointless...I could do the same to every tune in the clinic. I've been writing for 24 years, I'm happy with all that, and a comment in here won't go very far in that area. I've been mixing for about 3 and that's what I'm looking for advice on. Your mixes are better than mine, from what I recall. Mix suggestions.. and I'm all ears.

Lets drop it! Lol. Good Lord. Gave Broken some highlights for his popcorn over there. Yeah, we see you.

It's just that sometimes when you see a certain plot twist, you can pretty well tell what to expect. :)
Grab up the popcorn and let it roll, baby!

Back