Whitesnake Cover- Give me all your love tonight!!!!!

alkie

Whitesnake Cover- Give me all your love tonight!!!!! UPDATED

So, here`s a cover for you to BASH, Guitars by Alix Azoff , Vocals and Mix by me , Drums , Keys and Bass were a Backing Track.

UPDATED 2 13 2014...with way less bottom on it.

RE-UPDATED 2 14 2014...... Jimmy69 did a mix for this and I took my less bottom mix and blended it with his Super Clean mix because I like things a little bit dirty with some grit.

Cheers,

Alan

Attachments

• Give Me All Yor Love Tonight.mp3
    8 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
The vocal performance is great! That being said the mix needs a lot of work. I felt like I was inside of the bass guitar as it was being played. In a visual demonstration, your mix sounds like this:

BASSmixBASS

It pretty much engulfs all of the other aspects. With the right mix I think this will be pretty badass.

The vocal performance is great! That being said the mix needs a lot of work. I felt like I was inside of the bass guitar as it was being played. In a visual demonstration, your mix sounds like this:

BASSmixBASS

It pretty much engulfs all of the other aspects. With the right mix I think this will be pretty badass.

Thanks Eric , yes, after I got the mix in my car with my 2 12 inch subs I noticed right away how bottom heavy it was...gonna fix that up right now.

Yeah, that is a great cover of Coverdale. The mix needs a bunch of work.

Send me separate tracks. I can see what I can do. Or not. :)

I've never heard the original, nor intend to but on its own merit you have a good recording there. Just need a touch of work as mentioned above and you'll have a banging cover..

Ok. Not a bunch I can do with the vocal tracks having effects (delay) on them. And even tougher working with MP3 files not to mention converting to MP3 twice is never good, but...

I cut the low end out of the backing track so that the low end was not out of control (wow bass guitar heavy). Then there was no kick drum. So I programmed the kick with Steven Slate Drums to replace what was missing. By the way this was the first time ever that I got Cubase Tempo Detection to work ever! Even more odd was that the drum track is 4/4 1/8 Triplet notes. I thought for sure it wouldn't work. Maybe they fixed it? :)

Ran the guitars through Vintage Warmer and did some surgical EQ to get them to fit.

Two compressors on vocals (one fast and one slow attack)and a bit of verb. You have a bunch of 'CH' sounds on your vocal track. I could manually edit those but it would take much longer than the time I have right now. Using a condenser mic I assume. Try singing a bit off axis to the mic. What mic is it?

Just a limiter on the output bus to bring things up to good level. Much more could be done and I am a drummer so it may be a bit heavy on the drums, but like I said I am limited with free time. Have 3 projects to mix and a session in an hour.

Anyway, here is what I came up with in about an hour and a half. Great singing Alan! :D

Attachments

• Alan Coverdale Jimmy Mix.mp3
    7.8 MB · Views: 10
Ok. Not a bunch I can do with the vocal tracks having effects (delay) on them. And even tougher working with MP3 files not to mention converting to MP3 twice is never good, but...

I cut the low end out of the backing track so that the low end was not out of control (wow bass guitar heavy). Then there was no kick drum. So I programmed the kick with Steven Slate Drums to replace what was missing. By the way this was the first time ever that I got Cubase Tempo Detection to work ever! Even more odd was that the drum track is 4/4 1/8 Triplet notes. I thought for sure it wouldn't work. Maybe they fixed it? :)

Ran the guitars through Vintage Warmer and did some surgical EQ to get them to fit.

Two compressors on vocals (one fast and one slow attack)and a bit of verb. You have a bunch of 'CH' sounds on your vocal track. I could manually edit those but it would take much longer than the time I have right now. Using a condenser mic I assume. Try singing a bit off axis to the mic. What mic is it?

Just a limiter on the output bus to bring things up to good level. Much more could be done and I am a drummer so it may be a bit heavy on the drums, but like I said I am limited with free time. Have 3 projects to mix and a session in an hour.

Anyway, here is what I came up with in about an hour and a half. Great singing Alan! :D

Very Nice Mix Jimmy, maybe a little too clean for me, I took your mix and blended my mix with it and got a result that I can very well live with, which is re-uploaded to the first post in this thread.
I can`t remember what mic I recorded this tune with, I recorded it back in the beginning of 2013 and was waiting for someone to do guitars for me for it , which Alix did.
It may have been my Apex 435 that I used or it could have been my SM58 or my 55SH not sure anymore.

Cheers,and thanks a bunch,

Alan

Back