What's up ?

BCF1

This one needs some work..........I could use some ideas or direction if anybody's willing to offer some thoughts.

Thanks

Try this again

What's Up ?

Last edited:
How was it recorded? Sounds like it was a one take "live" recording. Cool guitar riffs and such...I think your first issue is it sounds over compressed. Everytime the kick hits, the overall volume drops. If everything is individual tracked, I would turn off all compressors and try to get a consistent level out of kick and bass and work from there.

Very sizzly in the high end. Hear crackling sound on the guitars like something clipped on way in. Something is way overdriven and harsh here. Looks like the girls are enjoying it tho! :)

Is this a live recording? Is it multitracked?

Very sizzly in the high end. Hear crackling sound on the guitars like something clipped on way in. Something is way overdriven and harsh here. Looks like the girls are enjoying it tho! :)

Is this a live recording? Is it multitracked?

The recording was done at a few different times on a few different machines, Originally the drums, bass and rhthym guitar were recorded together on a VS 1680. Then at a later date the lead was recorded also on the VS. That was a few years ago. I just had a rough mix, no stems so not a lot of control on the music end. The vocals I added recently in the box and that's where we're at.
Definitly some clipping in the original recording and that unplesent harshness is what I was attempting to reduce.

Yeah the girls are happy : )

The recording was done at a few different times on a few different machines, Originally the drums, bass and rhthym guitar were recorded together on a VS 1680. Then at a later date the lead was recorded also on the VS. That was a few years ago. I just had a rough mix, no stems so not a lot of control on the music end. The vocals I added recently in the box and that's where we're at.
Definitly some clipping in the original recording and that unplesent harshness is what I was attempting to reduce.

Yeah the girls are happy : )

I personally do not have the software, but maybe a member here has some restoration software that could help. I believe it is Ozone that has a de-click vst. Or maybe waves.

Wait, I have Sonnox plugins for Wavelab. Hmm...They can do that but for some reason I can't find them.

Give me a day to check out. Maybe I can help you.

I personally do not have the software, but maybe a member here has some restoration software that could help. I believe it is Ozone that has a de-click vst. Or maybe waves.

Wait, I have Sonnox plugins for Wavelab. Hmm...They can do that but for some reason I can't find them.

Give me a day to check out. Maybe I can help you.

Wow, that would be great !!! Thank you !!!

First off, pretty good guitar playing. I like the aggressive riffs. The mix is definitely pretty harsh though on the guitar end. It is just too loud compared to the drums and everything. Sounds like you can't do much to fix it now, but the mix makes it a bit hard to listen to.

Found them. Ok, PM me and send me your raw tracks. Let's see if we can get something better out of this man. The chicks need it! :)

Found them. Ok, PM me and send me your raw tracks. Let's see if we can get something better out of this man. The chicks need it! :)

Ok I'll get the tracks together and uploaded to appbox or Gdrive and PM you the link. Thank you !!!

yeah...something is not right with it. Now its heavy right sided and clipping pretty hard. I hate to say it but if you don't have all the individual tracks it may be hard to pull this back to a form that is listenable.

yeah...something is not right with it. Now its heavy right sided and clipping pretty hard. I hate to say it but if you don't have all the individual tracks it may be hard to pull this back to a form that is listenable.

Same link now has the original(unposted) mix as it was before I started going all sideways messing with it because I felt it sounded mono-ish like everything is up the center.

I didn't hear much difference in the mix.

First thing that struck me is it's mono. You don't hear that much any more.

The mix is kind of heavy on the guitars and vocals. Drums are buried. Bass level is inconsistent - it gets loud and then quiet in different sections.

Great energy to the song. I liked that. I like the tune overall. Good playing and good singing.

nice song!
can you upload raw multitracks?

Hey neuro, How's it going ?
unfortunately this is another song from the same sessions as the track that recently became "Always There" which you did some work on for me. Like that track this was also recorded on a friends VS1680 and unfinished at the time. All I have is the rough mix from that, which I recently added the vocals too. No individual tracks/stems. I was able to track my friend down, he still has the VS and he thought he still had the entire project on a hard drive, which he said he could probably pull all the individual tracks off and would get them to me. But nothing as of yet : (

I'll let you know if/when I receive them.

Thanks for the interest and nice comment.

Back