What Are You Working On?

60's guy

I'm just curious about what you have in progress.

Original?

Cover?

Currently, I'm recording a cover version of "Out In The Country" originally recorded by Three Dog Night.

I enjoyed seeing Three Dog Night perform live at the South Carolina Coastal Fair three weeks ago.

Brought back a lotta memories and encouraged me to record one of their tunes.

cool man, i can dig on some three dog night.

i'm currently working on a metal guitar instrumental and it's giving me hell...as always. :D

I'm working on two collabs, one or maybe two more originals to finish my first all-original "album", and a rockin Christmas song with the kids. :D

I'm currently developing material and rehearsing for a tour my brother and I are planning this coming summer.

That and playing too many video games to actually record...

I'm mixing a fantastic drum track into a project that's almost finished, waiting on some reworked vocals to finish another & have just formalised a chord progression and structure for the next song.
Apart from that work is driving me crazy - but in 5 weeks I'll have 5 weeks vacation so I'll have to hang in there.

Great idea for a thread 60's. It's interesting to hear what people are working on behind the curtain.

I'm working on an original. But I always get side-tracked with a collob or 2, so who knows how long it will take. I have 3 songs left for a CD. I like putting 12 tracks on a CD; 10 originals and 2 covers. I have the 2 covers, which I've posted in the last few months. I have 7 finished originals (actually much more than that, but only 7 that I consider good enough to not have to totally re-work).

I'm enjoying listening to a collab I did with Llarion :D. It's great to get real drums on a tune. :D I'm writing lyrics for my next song. I have the theme/idea. Now I just need the words to express it.

Tweaking my existing mixes (*lots* of unfinished projects on the hard drive), and a Christmas song or two with the kids.

good thread...

at work we say "i'm working on my first stroke.."

HR....working on an original and getting thru writers block and divorce lawyers block, no song has really come out of the "D"......

something like Lawyers suck my money, Lawyers suck, Lawyers and the legal system sucks my money, Everyone sucks.... the Judge sucks, we all suck....

something like that. I might add something more catchy to the bridge.

Working on an original tune called "lonely chicago".

It's got a real slow folk melody going on, with dark and reverby piano chords in the background. Currently trying to figure out a good harmonica part for it (and learning how to play the harmonica at the same time:rolleyes:) and trying to add some wierd and faint electronica effects for a subdued noise soundscape.

Also, I have the theme down and some roughed out lyrics, but it needs a re-write.

After that, I gotta see to it to get my christmas song in the bag:D

Mike

I'm doing the basslines to a couple of new songs for Coprolith, my metalband, just recorded a three song EP for show to some record label apparently interested in us... That is in mixing/mastering stage now..

Also finished guitartracks for a Blackmetal-project that I'm quite enthusiastic about, that is waiting for the vocalist to deliver..

Then looking forward to next month, as Coprolith is gigging six cities on three weekends. the last weekend goes in a spa/hotel relaxing with girlfriend.. End of year.

Simultaniously trying to score some Telefunken ecc83:s and a Fender baritone Special from somewhere.

i'm working on 2 collabs, one cover, one orignal. and i also have scratch guitar tracks recorded for 11 orignals, need to write more so i can have an "album". the songs are only like 2 minutes each ;) except for the power ballad.

I'm still trying to edit the sloppy bass playing on this tune "Sail Away" :p ..... couldn't resist :D

Working on an album of original material with my own band. 10 or 12 originals we're gonna pick 10 from 12 I think. We've got 7 songs fully tracked but I just moved house so I got a new studio to finish building in my attic before I can get any more recording done. We're looking at a feb/march 2009 release.

Good thread 60's

good thread...

at work we say "i'm working on my first stroke.."

HR....working on an original and getting thru writers block and divorce lawyers block, no song has really come out of the "D"......

something like Lawyers suck my money, Lawyers suck, Lawyers and the legal system sucks my money, Everyone sucks.... the Judge sucks, we all suck....

something like that. I might add something more catchy to the bridge.
Prenuptial agreement, sign on the line...prenuptial agreement, saves money and time....

*Sorry, I'll go back to my smartass corner now....*

I'm working on a friend's band project, they've got guitar and vocals down, but they're still writing bass and drum parts.
I've got lyrics and basic ideas down for about 10 songs of my own. I'm currently writing music for them, picking which synth sounds right for each song, and trying to get my vocals to sound right (This is the tough part. lol!)

Back