the Werewolf song

dude, you're such a hater.

why?

c'mon, in the spirit of halloween, you're just going to waltz right in and sh!t in the thread?

ok, that's just who you are, alright.

this is a brand new mix, new parts, updated video,
i hope someone who doesn't have an anvil-sized chip on their shoulder gets to hear this.

You'd probably get less snark if you started posting it in the marketing forum instead.

Are you even still getting and/or using advice in these threads?

At least 15 mixes in, if you're not satisfied with the mix yet, I don't think you ever will be. You're getting into Chinese Democracy numbers here! Just stick a fork in it and call it done! :D

Reactions: XLR
Cool overall production. The soundtrack genre wasn't for me but I listened most of the way through to hear something I could relate to.

I'd be embarrassed to post a song over and over like this.

embarrassed?!

LOL, it's a killer song, Nola.....

i hope to god that you and VHsteve are not the ONLY people that ever hang in the mp3 forum.
wow, such haters.

Cool overall production. The soundtrack genre wasn't for me but I listened most of the way through to hear something I could relate to.

hey thanks for listening and commenting, slacker G......
you know, the idea of putting a video together was a suggestion from someone, who told me a certain percentage of listeners like to pull it off of Utoob, and i might as well put some visuals with it.....
it was fun putting the vid together,
but not really what i'm good at, so a big experiment of sorts.

here's a link to just the sound file, and you can download a full wav if you want it
the Werewolf song- 2017 by Bats Brew | Free Listening on SoundCloud

embarrassed?!

LOL, it's a killer song, Nola.....

i hope to god that you and VHsteve are not the ONLY people that ever hang in the mp3 forum.
wow, such haters.

Pretty sure this sub forum is for getting feedback on a mix, not for promoting your music. Guessing that's why they're being so hostile toward you, especially since you've been apparently "working on" the same song for 10-15 years?

Pretty sure this sub forum is for getting feedback on a mix, not for promoting your music. Guessing that's why they're being so hostile toward you, especially since you've been apparently "working on" the same song for 10-15 years?

Exactly, but that's not getting through to him, and since his ego is so large we're the problem.

He's also telling us it's a great song. As writers say, show don't tell. Then he calls us haters for pointing out he's going on two decades of posting the same song.

It's weird. Oh well. Good luck with version 16 next year, Gonzo.

i was posting the song for feedback on the mix.

anything else you think is going on,
is just your over active imagination.

there's only a handful of guys here as old as you guys and been here for ever.......
if you don't like my post, why even respond?

i'm hoping there are new guys here, with fresh ears and attitudes, that can just blow right past the couple of you who seem to have an axe to grind.

what did i ever do to you?
nothing.

i was posting the song for feedback on the mix.

anything else you think is going on,
is just your over active imagination.

there's only a handful of guys here as old as you guys and been here for ever.......
if you don't like my post, why even respond?

i'm hoping there are new guys here, with fresh ears and attitudes, that can just blow right past the couple of you who seem to have an axe to grind.

what did i ever do to you?
nothing.

So, you've been posting the same song for over 10 years now, hoping to get feedback on that mix? Are you not happy with it after all these years or just done with it?

Or is it that you re-record it every so often for some reason (I, personally have been down that road. Thinking you can always improve the performance, or you get better gear and just think it'll be better if you redo things) and can't seem to move on from the song?

Not meant to sound like an attack on you, or the song, but at what point do you decide to move on and record a new song to share and get feedback on?

Not meant to sound like an attack on you, or the song, but at what point do you decide to move on and record a new song to share and get feedback on?

That's generally my thought on it.

For years, your modus operandi has been to do a song or an album, "release" it, and then keep on posting updated versions well past when you should have moved on to something new. This is just the most egregious example.
Don't you feel like you're stifling yourself artistically? Do you not have any other ideas you want to express?

I'm not really that concerned except when you're dishonest about it. (i.e. when you kept on re-posting songs from your last album and calling them "new")

So, you've been posting the same song for over 10 years now, hoping to get feedback on that mix? Are you not happy with it after all these years or just done with it?

i keep changing it.

updating it.

it's fun.

and it's halloween.

so what's the big deal?
i'm hoping to get feedback on the mix.

I'm not really that concerned except when you're dishonest about it. (i.e. when you kept on re-posting songs from your last album and calling them "new")

there's nothing dishonest about continuing to work on certain songs that are 'pet projects'.....
in other words, i may continue to work on this one with or without feedback from anyone here,
but i'd prefer feedback.

i don't see anything dishonest about any of this.

the only negative feedback i get, is from you, Nola, and now chaos.

if there are new people here (god i hope there is) that have never heard this song before,
and this new version of this song is the best one i've done so far,
then i'd love to hear some fresh perspective from some of them.

you guys just seem to like throwing turds in the punchbowl.
it's kind of weird, that you would single me out.

i post lots of new stuff too, but those mostly get ignored.....

this is one song that i continue working on,
yet it's like a bone in your throat.

When I mention dishonest, it's not this song, to be fair. You haven't called it a "new" song in forever, but your last album, you kept on doing that.

Gonzo, I have no issue with posting the same song over and over. Just do it in the music promotion section because at that point you're promoting.

Stop calling me a hater. I don't care either way except this area is for mix feedback, and I don't know anyone who would give mix feedback on a song that's like two decades old and will never be finished. You're a constant tinkerer and promoter, so do it in the right section is all. No hate, Gonzo. Just frustration seeing this song every year. I'm not an old timer or anything else you claim. I've only been here a few years but see it every Halloween.

Back