Well, the kids are back in school. So, here's a new song :D

First listening, went to mix 4. The acoustic that is panned to the right might be just a tad too bright or loud by 0.5dB at most. At the end the (floor?) toms seemed panned a little too far right, jumping onto the same space as the acoustic. Other than that, good stuff!

First listening, went to mix 4. The acoustic that is panned to the right might be just a tad too bright or loud by 0.5dB at most. At the end the (floor?) toms seemed panned a little too far right, jumping onto the same space as the acoustic. Other than that, good stuff!

Thanks for listening. I'll listen more carefully for what you're talking about.

Right away, I liked the rhythm and the low end of the mix. I think the vocals need some subtle high mid boosts to lift them out of the mix just a touch more, but done carefully so any harshness in that area isn't boosted.

Good job on the vocals and the playing. There are a lot of really enjoyable elements coming together nicely here.

The drums are kind of off for me. They seem very heavily leaning towards direct mics and they are very distinctly positioned, whereas all the other elements of the mix have a nice sense of ambiance to them. If you have OH or room mics, consider bringing them into a more prominent role, or build out a more prominent room source with reverb.

Most importantly, I really like the song. The vibe is great and I really dig the attitude and tone of the vocals.

Right away, I liked the rhythm and the low end of the mix. I think the vocals need some subtle high mid boosts to lift them out of the mix just a touch more, but done carefully so any harshness in that area isn't boosted.

Good job on the vocals and the playing. There are a lot of really enjoyable elements coming together nicely here.

The drums are kind of off for me. They seem very heavily leaning towards direct mics and they are very distinctly positioned, whereas all the other elements of the mix have a nice sense of ambiance to them. If you have OH or room mics, consider bringing them into a more prominent role, or build out a more prominent room source with reverb.

Most importantly, I really like the song. The vibe is great and I really dig the attitude and tone of the vocals.

Yeah I don't really know how to get things just right. So, I have to just do what I can. It's very hard and gets so frustrating lol.

Last edited:
I hope you wrote this song, because it's pretty fucking cool. You may have finally found your calling. Voice is great for the song. I can't comment on the mix because I don't have the equipment for it... in fact, I listened to this with my phone and earbuds while I stepped outside for a smoke. Then I listened to it again because I liked it. Keep up the outlaw country stuff. I'd buy an album of songs like this.

Steve Earl with a bit of a harder edge.
Survivalist anti establishment conspiracy theorists lyrics seem to match too.

I hope you wrote this song, because it's pretty fucking cool. You may have finally found your calling. Voice is great for the song. I can't comment on the mix because I don't have the equipment for it... in fact, I listened to this with my phone and earbuds while I stepped outside for a smoke. Then I listened to it again because I liked it. Keep up the outlaw country stuff. I'd buy an album of songs like this.

I appreciate it. I'm going real slow with the music so I'll keep working on it. It gets so frustrating sometimes, being kind of a perfectionist. I can't ever get it perfect LOL. So, I'm just going to do maybe 1 song every week or two until I finish all the songs I have laid down. Which is around 10 to 13 songs I'm working on... lol

Steve Earl with a bit of a harder edge.
Survivalist anti establishment conspiracy theorists lyrics seem to match too.

I just listened to some Steve Earl, can't make the connection lol, but hey thanks for listening. That's not what the songs about though LOL. It's a cool thing how songs can have different meanings for different people. I don't think I'm even going to try to explain it to anyone either LOL. If you know, you know, if don't, you don't hahahah.

Back