we'll go on as lovers

MusicalSound

This was a few months ago. I was tripping very hard on mushrooms, just got home and my then annoying wife (now ex) was actually out of the house for more than 2 fucking hours in a row. So I was able to write some music. I CAN'T write music when she was, or anyone is in the house. They just suck all of my energy somehow and I clam up. But I can't afford to have an isolated sound studio so I can be creative, so now I have a new idea. Lost the wife, lost the house, don't give a care. I bought a van, build a bed in the back, load it up with my drums and spring reverbs and guitars. Now I can drive out to the desert, write and record a song with zero people around me. I can throw a rug down, set the drums up on the ground. Its taken me 28 years to figure this out, how I could afford to live alone and keep my instruments. I'm so fucking happy alone

Anyway, this song was written under total duress, as all of them are. I knew my wife would be home soon, bitching about something, and if it's not the wife it's some stupid roommate preaching/bitching about karma. So I was scrambling around to eliminate buzz, write song, and record it all inside the space of hopefully 2 hours. That's why I sometimes go crazy when people pick apart my performance. Half of the time the performance/song stinks because I'm just rushing to get it done before some top-of-the-pecking-order asshole comes in and breaks the frigging mood. I know I could do much better.

http://psychedelicsound.yolasite.com/resources/We'llGoOnAsLoverss.mp3

a passing moment
a peaceful sight,
your sign is fading
you find it twice

and the peace will call you
and the past recall you
and a red glare from the sky
laughter shall befall you
and i'll bring to you my love so true
and our friendship can go on
there's a sun today