Wealth ...

K-dub

12 String guitar and drums only arrangement as of this point in this Americana tinged piece about wealth inequality, and who people continue to vote for ...

The guitar sounds good IMO. It sounds very real and organic, like a guitar player strumming the guitar (not a DI sound, if you prefer) and I personally love that.

I disliked the snare panning...it could be interesting depending on the context of the song, but not this. It sounds distracting and makes me focus on that too much. The vocals are allright, but you could polish it up.

Sometimes the drums and guitar sounds like they are not in tempo...not very often, but I've noticed that.

Hope my feedback helps =)

All feedback helps.

Thank you!

I don't like the panning of the snare either ... so point well taken.

Sometimes the sparse arrangements require the most attention.

:D

I like the lyrics and the song a lot. Sounds the makings for a good track. But, the drum pattern during the chorus ("Feeling really good now") was really distracting to me. It didn't fit, and also sucked a lot of energy out what should be the catchiest, most driving part of the song. I guess I could see the whole rhythm changing up to 6/8 or triplets but I don't think it works for the drums to change rhythm while the guitar keeps chugging along. Just my opinion. But again, I like the song.

Huh. That snare pattern in the chorus is weird. I didn't mind the panning on it particularly, but the crash being panned dead-center was kind of weird.

Guitar sounds really good except a couple times it sounded like the volume of it was a little inconsistent. Ditto on drums during chorus.

My wife asked too.

I needed to change the texture of the piece to musically convey the sarcasm involved in lyric.

Where the drums break down? The intent is about the break down.

How can one say, musically, that "We're feeling good now" ... and then convey the opposite, musically? I chose to fuck up the drums to highlight the wrong.

... which is meant only as a breakdown. While the guitar and lyric hold to "the façade", the drums tell the story.

I'm still working on it ... but appreciate the input. I always do.

But things need to convey, musically, that.

The sounds are all good kdub. It's a good song. I have to concur that the drums on the refrain "I'm feeling really good now" are distracting and aren't helping to convey the sarcasm in that line. This suggestion may be more for the songwriting forum, but don't get married to a line. I have done it before. I really love a line, or concept, that isn't working on its own merit and I start going to great lengths desparately trying to alter the verse or the whole song even to keep the line, or chorus, or whatever.
It's futile and I've learned to be ready to toss what I may have considered to be a great idea in the beginning.
Just my 2 cents (and I haven't penned any hits).
good song man.

The sounds are all good kdub. It's a good song. I have to concur that the drums on the refrain "I'm feeling really good now" are distracting and aren't helping to convey the sarcasm in that line. This suggestion may be more for the songwriting forum, but don't get married to a line. I have done it before. I really love a line, or concept, that isn't working on its own merit and I start going to great lengths desparately trying to alter the verse or the whole song even to keep the line, or chorus, or whatever.
It's futile and I've learned to be ready to toss what I may have considered to be a great idea in the beginning.
Just my 2 cents (and I haven't penned any hits).
good song man.

Thanks bud! I get what folks are saying, and I am still weighing. My wife REALLY doesn't like the drum part either ...

Kevin,
This could be terrific but I don't care for the drum panning mix & that puts me off.
The drums behind the chorus do sound like they're tentative and uncertain of what's to come - could be good for building tension towards a burst but that isn't built in.

Kevin,
This could be terrific but I don't care for the drum panning mix & that puts me off.
The drums behind the chorus do sound like they're tentative and uncertain of what's to come - could be good for building tension towards a burst but that isn't built in.

Yeah ... I really do need to fix the panning. Plus I'm going to search for something that better fits the chorus.

Only heard this latest version, the chorus drums are ok, but lack something ... If you're planning more instruments (bass, 6-string?), then maybe it'll blend together better.

Back