We Forlorn Hope new metal single mix critique needed

stivens1991

Hi all,

Together with my buddy Phil (vocals), we are working on some new sruff for our project - We Forlorn Hope. We are recording at home, using some really basic equipment. I'm fairly new into mixing world, so here comes my kind request to you guys. Can you please tell me whats wrong with this mix? And outstanding frequencies? And overall sound issues? Guitars? Bass? Drums? Any opinion would be a great help for me.

Thanks!

Link:

We Forlorn Hope - Chug

Nice track. Not too bad in my opinion, but the whole thing sounds a bit muffled. Maybe a little treble boost on the rhythm guitars?

Listening now at full volume, I think the snare sounds hi-shelved or hi-passed a little too much, maybe try adding some mids and/or lows. Also the reverb on the snare is too short or something, not sounding good to me. This is a heavy instrumental. I like it.

+1 on more attack on the bass.

The snare does feel a little up-front. I don't know if more reverb or possibly less volume will help that.

Well your buddy Phil is a bit quiet :D but other than that mix is good on my little office speakers. Love the track, great job

Back