Warm

First I'd work on levels. The vocal and kick are way out in front. Everything else sounds way back in the mix.

Then you could bring the whole mix level up quite a bit. It's pretty quiet.

Try that and repost.

Okie dokie, Tweaked and fiddled with mix ; Brought down vox and kick then did some automation on bits and pieces .Here is the result for your perusal View attachment 100454

Hey Rat, loved the song. I would pay for it! The first thing you need to do is raise your levels so you can hear what you are mixing. Both of your files are around a -30LUFS with a -13dbTP. That's way to low. Once you raise your levels, it is much easier to hear what needs to be done. I raised the level to a -15LUFS with a -0.4dbTP. It is twice as loud. That's what the pic below shows. You sound very good, very well done! You can listen to your song here.

View attachment 100461

Hey Rat, loved the song. I would pay for it! The first thing you need to do is raise your levels so you can hear what you are mixing. Both of your files are around a -30LUFS with a -13dbTP. That's way to low. Once you raise your levels, it is much easier to hear what needs to be done. I raised the level to a -15LUFS with a -0.4dbTP. It is twice as loud. That's what the pic below shows. You sound very good, very well done! You can listen to your song here.

View attachment 100461

Thanks for the feed back ,First off I cant take credit for the song or performance , It was done by a guy named Chase K . Agree it is a very "catchy little number", All I did was mix it. I know that the over all loudness is way low, I didn't put a limiter on the master buss , my work flow is to do that later to bring it up to -15LUSF and around -0.5dbTP or so, generally I will run it through the TP Dyanameter and shoot for about 11. the volume is adequate for my monitoring situation. Thanks for taking the time to do this , and give feed back .

Mack, I shouldn't post at lunch time at work, get in too much of a rush Lol . what I meant to say is that I run it through a TT DR Meter during my "mastering step"( as close as I can get to mastering with my set up) and shoot for about 11 or so DR. Any way thanks again for the feed back.

Hmmm, I preferred the first mix, to be honest. I can't hear the kick now. I thought the balance was a little better in the first one. Well, your tones and EQ sound very good, this one is mostly about levels now, in my opinion. Perhaps the vocals could be brightened a little, eq-wise. The bridge vocals drop out in spots, check that out.

Really good tune here and a nice recording as well. Post any remixes here.

Back