"Walking Alone" Video released!

JohnnyAmato

Here's the released video finally of "Walking Alone" from the record I'm producing for the 'Addison Lane' project. The last time I had the song here in the clinic a few weeks ago, 90% of you said it was good to go, and the client was happy, so I sent her off. I'm still afraid to listen to it, knowing I can't change anything...

That being said, I can still tinker a bit later for the final CD release if needed.

I'm on all the guitars and bass, drum programming, helped with the arrangement, and engineered all the vocals. Christina Grace on all the vocals, and it was written by Laurie Green.

Thanks everyone for all the tips I received here during the mixing process. This site is priceless, and the people here are great. I've been recording for 20+ years, but the last few years I like to think I've come a long way in learning how to properly mix, and everyone here is a big reason for that. I still have a long way to go, and I'll never be an expert, but I'm definitely loving the journey.

Mods, (jimmy69, steenamaroo?) feel free to move this thread if I shouldn't have put this here, since I'm not necessarily looking for mix advice. But I got a lot of help here on this track, and just wanted to share the final product with all who pitched in with their advice. Thanks again and Cheers!

YouTube

Hey, caught you REDHANDED! You're not even plugged in!! (2:05) lol

Your Hollywood trickery! :guitar: Seriously though, did you have it playing on a stereo, so you could mimic it?

Did you guys ever consider dropping the part from 1:47-1:50? It could also go right into the main rhythm melody from there, and it'd drop maybe 15 secs total from the song. Just an idea.

Excellent work, all around. Who recorded/edited the video footage?

Hey, caught you REDHANDED! You're not even plugged in!! (2:05) lol

They make these new invisible cables now, they're bad ass!

Your Hollywood trickery! :guitar: Seriously though, did you have it playing on a stereo, so you could mimic it?

Yea, had it playing on someone's phone.

Did you guys ever consider dropping the part from 1:47-1:50? It could also go right into the main rhythm melody from there, and it'd drop maybe 15 secs total from the song. Just an idea.

Excellent work, all around. Who recorded/edited the video footage?

I forget the company's name, but yea she (Laurie) hired someone with his own little video business.

You'll have to read your quote above to see some of my answers. I never learned how to break up quotes with answers, and my attemp here failed miserably...

You'll have to read your quote above to see some of my answers. I never learned how to break up quotes with answers, and my attemp here failed miserably...

It's a pain, really - unless there's some other way to do it.

I copy and paste the two quote markers; the first one and the final one with their nametag. Over and over, around the pieces of text I want to quote.

Thanks a bunch, everyone. Well it pretty much took me close to a week to get the guts to watch it; knowing it was done and I couldn't change/fix anything anymore scared me, so I hesitated to watch it. But I finally did, and I think I'm happy, I mean, I actually got a little teary-eyed telling myself that 'I produced this'...

Maybe there's hope for me yet. I'm sure I could nitpick a few things, but is a mix ever truly, ever... done? Probably not, things could always be better, or even just 'different', but always being able to mix my own songs 'til the cows come home, this deadline scared me a little. I was nervous. But I just stayed focused and went with my gut, along with all the great tips I got from everyone here. So thanks again.

I'd love to set up some kind of meet and greet with a bunch of us, at a bar or restaurant or something, problem is most live in other areas. We'll see...

Really impressive! The video was cool. Looks like the north shore up around Evanston or Wilmette? Who are the women in the vid?

Musically, it's very tight. Those rhythm guitars are at a perfect level. The vocal is sitting exactly right. Great singing and playing.

Really impressive! The video was cool. Looks like the north shore up around Evanston or Wilmette? Who are the women in the vid?

Musically, it's very tight. Those rhythm guitars are at a perfect level. The vocal is sitting exactly right. Great singing and playing.

I was just up there, in June, when we got engaged. Evanston is great, really nice area. Didn't check out the water spots there, though.

It's a pain, really - unless there's some other way to do it.

I copy and paste the two quote markers; the first one and the final one with their nametag. Over and over, around the pieces of text I want to quote.

The way I do it is to hit "reply with quote" and respond to their post. But, don't post it, instead just hit "select all" and copy it. Then I go to the next post and hit "reply with quote" and respond to it. After I finish my reply to that post I paste the earlier quote and reply that I had already copied. Then hit select all and copy the whole thing but don't post it...just back out and go to the next one.
Just keep repeating that until I have all of the quotes and replies copied and then post it.
It's pretty simple actually. It's a lot easier that way than trying to insert user names and quotation marks (been there done that)

Not trying to hijack your thread johnny...just thought this tidbit of info might help someone.
:)

The way I do it is to hit "reply with quote" and respond to their post. But, don't post it, instead just hit "select all" and copy it. Then I go to the next post and hit "reply with quote" and respond to it. After I finish my reply to that post I paste the earlier quote and reply that I had already copied. Then hit select all and copy the whole thing but don't post it...just back out and go to the next one.
Just keep repeating that until I have all of the quotes and replies copied and then post it.
It's pretty simple actually. It's a lot easier that way than trying to insert user names and quotation marks (been there done that)

Not trying to hijack your thread johnny...just thought this tidbit of info might help someone.
:)

But what if you don't want to select the whole post? If you only want a sentence or two? I guess the beginning and end quote markers are there, so you could just delete the section of post you don't want to show, right?

What I do is grab this thing QUOTE=jimistone;4493865] (I excluded the first bracket, so it wouldn't actually be a quote), then this thing, /QUOTE] (again, first bracket removed) and put those around the sentences I want to quote. Over and over.

If it's multiple people, then yeah, I'd have to write it out and go to the next person, copy it, etc... maybe that's what you were saying afterall... I don't know. Not enough coffee yet. :)

But what if you don't want to select the whole post? If you only want a sentence or two? I guess the beginning and end quote markers are there, so you could just delete the section of post you don't want to show, right?

What I do is grab this thing QUOTE=jimistone;4493865] (I excluded the first bracket, so it wouldn't actually be a quote), then this thing, /QUOTE] (again, first bracket removed) and put those around the sentences I want to quote. Over and over.

If it's multiple people, then yeah, I'd have to write it out and go to the next person, copy it, etc... maybe that's what you were saying afterall... I don't know. Not enough coffee yet. :)
Well, if I just want a part of the quote, I highlight and cut the part I don't want, then respond and copy.

LOL! I think the thread is officially hijacked now :eek:

To the right of "Reply With Quote" is a 'quote' mark with a + next to it. To quote several posters in your reply at the same time, click this in the order you want them to appear in your reply. This will stack them, then just hit "Reply With Quote" to dump them into your reply window. Then you can text edit them as you would normally - leaving the start and end 'QUOTE's intact as you go.

Back