"Walked Away" - mighty vintage Mark2b tones w/modern strat

GONZO-X

"Walked Away" - mighty vintage Mark2b tones w/modern strat

BB02-walked away by BatsBrew on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

all done in Sonar.
Mastered in WAVELAB, using Waves plugins.

overheadguitarrig.jpg

a finished tune with a bunch of cool guitars and solos on a custom USACG strat....
carvin lb70 bass, ADK Hamburg on vox, Superior Drums, Taylor acoustic guitars,
and the (now vintage) mesa mark2b

this thing was a blast to record and to mix.

tons of volume and panning automation in this, some FX automation, i used about 8 sub busses, with some volume automation on a couple of the busses as well.

fun, fun project

comments are welcome

Rockin dude. Vocals and harmonies are superb. Remind me of Dweezil Zappa for some reason. Guitars, wow. And I love that wah, just fantastic. That speaker in the box in your picture, is that one of those power soak things?

I went back to have another listen to your Bad Moon cover and I saw it was only available for Halloween dammit

Great playing and tone. Love the sound of the Mark II. I'd kill for one of those. Song sounds good, but it's a little long IMO. Reminds me of David Lee Roth a little, but I like DLR so that's a good thing. Great mix.

bulls

glad you liked it man....

dweezil..... that's intersesting.
i've always loved dweezil's stuff, both solo and his work with ZPZ
but he's never been an influence of any kind...
it's really cool to me, how people hear different things.

that way.... my Budda Wah, i really dig that wah.

the speaker, in the picture?
you mean, my Demeter Isolation cabinet, with the front door open?
that did not get used for any tones on the new album, but i DID use it as a speaker load on a few songs, to drive the Palmer device.
now, the little box sitting on top of the demeter cabinet is my Weber Mass Lite attenuator, which DID get used throughout the recordings.

if you want a copy of the bad moon cover, just PM me, i'll hook you up.

thanks for listening and commenting

cakewalkKaKed
thanks man, you're welcome

chandler
appreciate the comments.
you don't have to kill for one of those boogie mark2b's, just watch the evil bay.
i've even seen one around here local before, for not much more than what i paid for it new.

cakewalkKaKed
thanks man, you're welcome

sorry for the short reply,seems like short change after all the work you put in ...

imo have found your sound,your vocal style is unique ... you sound like you !!!

tracks hooky and memorable,i can hear the chorus clearly now after a nights sleep n listening to a bunch of other stuff

nice sounds and well mixed,well played too ... its all there,nothing jumps out that shouldn't be there which is why my post was short !

cakewalkkaked

thanks for the extra comments..
that's cool, no need to explain, i'm happy if anybody even listens!

Terrific tones and playing as usual.
Terrific song too.
I'm a wah junkie - I LOVE listening to wah'd solos but use it as a tone device for rhythm guitar myself (as I can't play lead).
PS the 7 Seas of Rye bit around 4min was fun.

I always liked this tune and pretty much every tune you do. I will buy your album when I get the chance. You rock dude. :guitar:

rayc
thanks a lot!
wah.... i've always played wah, it was my first effect.
practiced to jeff beck and hendrix.
that got me started good!

7 seas of rhye.....

yes, i guess i can hear that in there! LOL
i hadn't thought of that

trumpino1
appreciate the kind words...

I dropped the price of the cd's at CDBaby,
but you can still get it at amazon and Itunes

Back