"Waiting to Shine"

Sounds pretty solid to me, except that during the choruses and bridge the drums are getting lost in the extra volume from the vocals and guitars.

Sounds pretty solid to me, except that during the choruses and bridge the drums are getting lost in the extra volume from the vocals and guitars.

yea, i thought about that when i mixed it...
came back to it several times...

but when i brought the vox up, it just seemed to push the energy level where it needed to be, in a way that hotter drums just did not pull off.
the energy level changed,
i wanted it to be more like old classic rock where the energy level of the band almost overrides the vox on choruses....
Stones, Humble Pie, Aerosmith, even zep, did this on certain songs at certain times...and they bring up the vox to push the hook.

Love it...love the vox. I think I hear some pumping of the compressor when the heavy parts come in though. Could also be my imagination.

Seems pretty solid to me. No obvious nits on a first listen.

thanks steve....

thanks for checking this one out......

it's got one of my favorite 'one-take' solos on it,
the end solo.......

switching between neck and lead pickups, vibe pedal on then off, wah comes and goes......
and the cacaphony at the end......
god that was loud!
LOL

Love it...love the vox. I think I hear some pumping of the compressor when the heavy parts come in though. Could also be my imagination.

thanks for listening bruthish.....
the vox, i did with a AT4033 thru a A Designs Audio MP-1....

pumping on heavy could have been mastering, or it could just be the pulse of the music all together....not sure.
can't really hear it on my end.

some playback systems auto-compress or limit........?

Very explosive beginning. Sounds good.

Great performances.

Drums do get lost under all the vocals and guitars in the chorus.

Very explosive beginning. Sounds good.

Great performances.

Drums do get lost under all the vocals and guitars in the chorus.

thanks for listening,
yea, the drum mix is an obvious decision to allow the vox and guitars to take the hook on the choruses.....

i suppose for some, the drums being loud all the time, is the most important thing,
but does not have to be.

Great rock and roll groove man! these guys are good. Towards the end there is a lot going on and it seems like its all balls to the wall on everything. In my opinion there needs to be some fading in and out of the various componets of the song....kind of like Hendrix did on a lot of his tunes. The lead guitar work is killer but the wide open balls to the wall level over the entire song diminishes the impact it should have. I'm nitpicking here man...like I said this is simply a great group doing a great song and pickin' their asses off.
outstanding!!

Great rock and roll groove man! these guys are good. Towards the end there is a lot going on and it seems like its all balls to the wall on everything. In my opinion there needs to be some fading in and out of the various componets of the song....kind of like Hendrix did on a lot of his tunes. The lead guitar work is killer but the wide open balls to the wall level over the entire song diminishes the impact it should have. I'm nitpicking here man...like I said this is simply a great group doing a great song and pickin' their asses off.
outstanding!!

thanks jimi!
yea, the last section of the song gets built-up pretty quick,
it's in keeping with the lyric and the intent of the vibe....
i tried to keep the arrangement open enough for all the parts to stand out,
but intense enough to get that vibe i wanted......
by the way, all the tracks were done by me, so i'll tell the guys for you... :cool:

Back