Wahoo is My Waifu - new glitch punk

Your site haha it's always a weird voyage of discovery. Your jam is brilliant. I have no idea what it's about but I don't care. The relentless intensity of the groove when it kicks in is great. On headphones here. Guitars and vocals sound excellent to me. I like the tonal qualities of your sound selection and the track in general. This has more of a mainstream structure to it than some of your other tunes. Nice job.

Thanks, Bulls! I was going for kind of an Americana/heartland rock vibe prior to the groove kicking in. Good to hear it vaguely stuck!

Drush, sorry about that! I tried to make it clever with CSS and stuff. (The lyrics expand when you hover over them) What browser and system are you on?
Meanwhile, I've compacted the lyrics a bit, so the hover effect will be less pronounced.

Firefox. Nvm , I got it. It looked like I could click on "mp3" and it'd be good to go, but you have to click "download" all the way on the right side. Dind't see it first time around. Yeah I notice now it's expanding when hovering over a certain place.

listening now... 1 sec

There's a blurriness over the tune. Not as defined as some things could be. Not as clear as I think it can be. I'd look at a vocal boost, assuming other ways, like mic positioning etc, have been tried. A high shelf over vocals and guitars might work.

I loaded it into my DAW. Adding a 0.5db boost around 4khz, but with a 1db cut at 7khz (sibilance), sounded real good. It brought out the top of the vox, guitars, and snare, and gave it a more clear sound. Give it a try, if you'd like. Catchy chorus.

I like the song and the weird eq on the guitar, but the rhythm feels off and the vocal too loud (all this before the band kicks in. After it sounds right). The "space" doesn't feel cohesive.

On Mix 2.
First part, more of a production opinion. The guitar up just a bit. I know you wanted it back but it seems that a tad bit more to hear it just a little better.

On my system, it was very wide. Not a good thing or bad thing, but very wide. Not sure if it would be better closer, just noticed how wide it was. The song seemed like you wanted it a bit more personal (it seemed like a type of conversation).

The vocals being up front seemed correct, based on the vibe I got from the song, back to the wideness of the mix.

I couldn't say anything was technically wrong, quite a nice interesting tune. Once again, production opinion, but bring everything a little closer might match the feel of the song. But like butt holes, everyone has an opinion. Overall good stuff.

Thanks for the feedback, all!

I'm calling this one 'cause I wanted to get it released before the end of the week.

Music video!

I don't know about that pitch shifted vocal effect towards the end. If you remove it now I'm pretty sure in a couple of years you won't be thinking 'damn I should have kept those chipmunks'

That's a good song, man. I like the guitars...sound like Neil Young humbuckers. What guitar you using?
I can't listen to the mix on anything but laptop right now, but it sounds good on this. Dig the tune. I would have ended it at 3 minutes, though! The later section doesn't do much and kinda reeks of autism/ADD. Hahah. No offense of course just making a joke.

Steve, is that you in the video? I now understand where the "vomit hat" comes from!

Interesting song and mix-vocals are well out front and appropriate sounding for the song. I like the tiny sounding guitars in the first half of the tune and the how it opens up and gets bigger in the second half. Cool 8 bit sounds, reminds me of the arcade. There's a super high pitched voice that kind of surprised me, sounds kind of out of place to me, but i like the way the nice layered vocals end the tune. Nice work-i listened to mix 3 then noticed the video, gave it a watch-the video mix sounds even better and bigger than the mp3 and nice to have something to watch as i listen.

Steve, is this for opening day baseball? Lyrically, is it about having relations with the Cleveland Indians mascot as a sex doll??!

No earthly idea what you're singing about, but the third mix sounds pretty good. I like the vocals out front. Distorted guitars sound good when they come in. Bass is a bit weak.

Back