Wahoo is My Waifu - new glitch punk

Listened to just the 3rd mix. The guitar(played on bass in video) note that comes screaming in during the first part is too loud. The quieter part - reverby guitar and vocal is very Lou Reed-y.

Steve, is this for opening day baseball? Lyrically, is it about having relations with the Cleveland Indians mascot as a sex doll??!

Cleveland Indians mascot as a sex pillow. It's in the thumbnail photo. :D

The guitars are an LTD of some sort (which is a humbucker) on rhythm, a cort effector on leads, and two shortscale basses with guitar strings on them (sort of functioning as a bari-guitar)

Bulls and strat: those vocals aren't pitch-shifted, it's Vocaloid. It is kind of goofy mix-wise, but I had to do it to fit the story.

The video mix is somewhat mastered (i.e. I ran it through Movie Studio Platinum's compressor)

Robus: I see what you're saying about the bass. I wouldn't have minded some more definition in a few spots, but I also didn't want to spend a bunch of time automating it.

MJB: Yeah, that sting is pretty loud. It is a guitar too (I just didn't film that take)

I liked the song. I usually like your songs.

The crunch guitars at 1:35 sound terrific.

I'd do some fader riding on the lead vocal. It's too loud in the intro up to about :40. Then it gets covered up by the electric guitar. Vocal clarity is great. It has a little bite to it.

I like the little 8-bit synth thingy. You worked it in great to the song.

And believe it or not, I liked the big reverb at the end on the vocals.

Mix 3: I really like how everything is really clear and nothing stands out as too loud or boomy. Definitely a strange song but its catchy. Not a fan of the synth part as I think they don't go with the rest but its a strange arrangement and its yours lol. Good job dude

Good song. It's mesmerizing. You might as well be singing in Swahili, for all I understood. The synths or whatever those electronic instruments are, are crowding the vocals. They could come down a few dB. Bass needs to come up.

On the original or the remix?

The latter is a pretty cheap remix. I just grabbed his song from soundcloud and threw some of my own stems on top.

The SC in the post just above mine.

Fair enough. I'm not really planning on tweaking it since it was just a quick thing for fun, but I figured folks might like to hear a variant.
Thanks for the feedback tho.

Last edited:
Back