voodoo child (slight return) just for fun

Nah. Ain't going to happen. He's trying to get a rise out of me for some reason. But one needs to at least make SOME sense for that to happen. This is the work of a complete idiot.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to watch the Eagles. Those jeans and plaid shirts, along with their incredibly exciting stage show makes me wish I was American. :laughings:

Nah, I don't want to hijack Jimi's thread either. I don't want to get a rise out of you either. But I'm reporting what I see in the differences between American and Canadian attitudes to performing. That's how I see it. You calling my perception stupid doesn't change my perception. Tell you what...you call what I've just said stupid again, and we can let Jimistone's thread return to itself.

Tell you what...you call what I've just said stupid again, and we can let Jimistone's thread return to itself.
How about we just let Jimi have his thread back.

I don't think you're stupid, really. I think you're being stupid. :)

Jimi, I loved this and had to listen several times, your timing between the vocal and guitar combustions put this piece on the edge where it belongs. Intro problems aside, I don't mind a weak intro if it's short because when the juice kicks in I feel sucker-punched, I personally appreciated the cymbal placement in the mix since I always have problems there and this seemed just right. I like the soft kick sound, but it got lost in a few spots. I just listened today so I don't know if you have made adjustments since you posted, but overall a very tasty sound and a great performance.

Jimi, I loved this and had to listen several times, your timing between the vocal and guitar combustions put this piece on the edge where it belongs. Intro problems aside, I don't mind a weak intro if it's short because when the juice kicks in I feel sucker-punched, I personally appreciated the cymbal placement in the mix since I always have problems there and this seemed just right. I like the soft kick sound, but it got lost in a few spots. I just listened today so I don't know if you have made adjustments since you posted, but overall a very tasty sound and a great performance.
Thanks rpm...for listening and doing a review. The weak kick is my fault. It's hard for me to get the kick just right. I probably need to compress it so it's more consistant throughout the song.
I haven't done anything to it since I first posted it (and dobro started the intro gang tackle)
Lol just kidding dobro.
Again I really appreciate you giving it a listen rpm.

You absolutely nailed it. I've seen/heard quite a few cover bands playing this song, and what most of them lack is that Hendrix groove. Well, you've got it. Excellent and inspiring performance. Really tight.

The mix sounds fine to me.

You absolutely nailed it. I've seen/heard quite a few cover bands playing this song, and what most of them lack is that Hendrix groove. Well, you've got it. Excellent and inspiring performance. Really tight.

The mix sounds fine to me.

Thanks man. I really appreciate you taking time to check it out and offer these encouraging words!

I've really held off from commenting on this, Jimi, because I really don't feel qualified to comment. To my ears, you reproduce the singing and the playing of the great man extremely well. I do think the sound of the drums and bass don't quite live up to it, but the more I get myself involved in this home recording business, the more I feel that the performance of the material is THE most important factor. Everything else is just icing (frosting). The performance was great.

I've really held off from commenting on this, Jimi, because I really don't feel qualified to comment. To my ears, you reproduce the singing and the playing of the great man extremely well. I do think the sound of the drums and bass don't quite live up to it, but the more I get myself involved in this home recording business, the more I feel that the performance of the material is THE most important factor. Everything else is just icing (frosting). The performance was great.

Thanks bubba. It was just a "1...2...3...4... hit it!" performance me on "scratch track" guitar and my drummer on the drums. He had no bass guitar to lock in with...and I'm playing the freaking lead...he's just out there by himself ya know. It's a really hard way to cut drums but he does it. He's an amazing drummer. I go back and get a decent guitar performance together and kind of plan out what I want do after laying the bass down. But, it's like his drums are done ya know. He, after listening to the final song, was saying " man if I had have known you were going to do that right there, I would have done this..." so on and so forth.
It's just a hard song to cut that, way and I felt like I needed to explain how we cut it... in his defense
I appreciate you good words bubba. I'm digging your performances too man.

Jimi, I suspended thought, just listened to it on iPad, thought it totally rocked, just pulled me in, the vibe was there, I really enjoyed it. I didn't care what wasn't perfect. The real Jimi had some pretty sloppy days that no one seems to care about. Ok, I didn't care if Jimi played some slop, mush, if the vibe was there, it was cool. Great job, don't get too lost in details.

Thanks ssobiech.
I know the intro isn't tight, the tone on the 1st lead ride is a little thin, and the bass is too loud....
But I think it really rocks too.
I appreciate the comments bro.

One of my favorite Hendrix songs for sure and you did a great job! The only thing I have a problem with is the intro which, to me, is the most crucial part. It seemed a little rushed. Other than that, great job!

Back