unusual Trance / Planethippies Album / how is the mix & amateurmaster?

Cajhmere

Hi all!

I was searching for a crowded and international forum to get some feedback for my work. Hope I'm ok here, if not, do your work admins! ;)

Long story in short: Since the 90's, first of all hardware (completely sold), later using Magix Music Maker, Reason and Dark Wave, I never came to the point to get out of loops, that blocked my harddisk, with a big cover of dust on it. 3 years ago, I was sick of it, not having one complete song in over 20 years - so I had a big fight with myself and after 2 weeks I fixed it and made my 1st, for sure really simple, song, but it had an intro, mid and end.

After that hard experience I decided to make my 1st Album, a concept album with a complete story. 3 years later now, 9 of 10 songs are done - just the last one missing. A good point to ask you people, what you think.

Info: I made a capital error in the 1st songs - all effects are insert, cos' I didn't know about send. I came to the decision anyways, to continue with this error to have all songs in the same let's say "setting". What I call amateurmaster is: I import the ready wav into Cubase again and try to give the wav kind of "finish" with MHorse.

The (for now) last song is not included in the album, because Jamendo doesn't allow to add songs to a published album. Didn't know this fact.

The first 8 songs: not allowed to post links, so please visit Jamendo and search for Cajhmere. The album is called Planethippies.

Important: This album should be kind of fusion between 70's psychedelic sound, feel and way of thinking combined with 90's trance. So please don't rate the mix as a modern festival sound thingy. It should have edges, be a bit rough, but for sure not messed up.

I really hope on some feedback about the all in all sound, mix and what I call amateurmaster, and I wish a nice weekend to everyone readin this!

Do I get kind of present, when I hit 500 views without a single feedback before admins react to my request? :D

What song?

There's nothing in your post...

Do you really thing that 500 actual people looked at your post and ignored you? If so, what does that tell you?

Well it tells me, that people don't read the whole post:

The (for now) last song is not included in the album, because Jamendo doesn't allow to add songs to a published album. Didn't know this fact.

The first 8 songs: not allowed to post links, so please visit Jamendo and search for Cajhmere. The album is called Planethippies.

Doesn't matter anymore... I've found another forum. So again admins: please delete this thread please!

Dude this is a forum where you post links to your song - and had you asked anyone, you would have been told how to do it. No-one is going to go searching the internet for your stuff. I have no idea what your site is or where it is.

And here's another tip for you - if you want people to do something specific for you - tell them at the start - not at the end of some long rambling post - especially to a bunch of people who have no idea who you are or why they should help you. It's all about making it easy for people to do what you want them to do. Communications 101.

Good luck.

1) After registration you are not allowed to post links. But ok, you posts show me, that this forum is not the right choice for me.

2) Didn't know the fact that it is such a hard act to visit Jamendo and enter my name... You call it "searching the internet"?

Communications 0.

I really hope no one viewing this thread is injured or something...

No need to reply btw... I'll not come back to read it. Don't waste more of your lifetime on me... I just count on real musicians - they have kinda inner smile.

So you keep saying, but you keep coming back. I didn't say it was hard to do. But you didn't give anyone a reason to do it...

If you'd asked, anyone would have told you you need 10 posts to post a link, and how to quickly get them.

Inner smile? You're attacking the only person who actually waded through your post and took the time to comment. How does that fit in with your hippy drippy philosophy?

Back