un - Built To Break (feat. Passive Elephants) | Electronica | we will return feedback

un_official

Hello Home Recorders,

Hope you are doing well!
We are here to present you our newest release: Built To Break (featuring Passive Elephants), which was released today by Concordia Recordings!
We haven't gotten any feedback on the mix yet and wanted to hear what you guys think of the mix or the whole production.

Here is the Link on Youtube:
YouTube

And on our soundcloud, right the first track!

Instrumental Mix:

Our soundcloud profil:
un | Free Listening on SoundCloud

About the track:
Production and mix was done by us. Lyrics and vocal by our friend, singer/songwriter Dave McKendry a.k.a. Passive Elephants. Mastering was done by Concordia Recordings.
It's a warm and lush track. Dave did an awesome job on the vocals which we recorded in one session.

Please let us know what you think about our track!
as always feedback 4 feedback if requested

best regards,
Clemens and Simon
a.k.a. un

That low bass is very loud at times, suspect the notes would be more even with a sub (listening on JBL LSR305s) - something to consider, as not everyone will be listening on a system with a sub, right?

I have to say, I prefer the Instrumental Mix of Built To Break. Not that there's anything wrong with the vocals, I like them too. The Instrumental has a fuller sound and really compliments the guitar. I like the bass where it is. I keep hearing a Suzanne Vega vocal.

Nice mix.

Same thing as above about the reverb, but I would put the hat hit accents up and to the left and give them the reverb treatment too.

Built to break:
Sounds very clear and good mixed. The bass is also very clean. The vocal is well compressed and clear to hear. The vocal sounds a bit flanged maybe comes from the double vocal.
Good one!
All the best,
Florian

The cymbal samples have a lot of mid-2Ks. It makes them very crispy. The snare is pretty crispy too. There is a little swirliness to the cymbals. Probably SC mucking it up.

The low end instruments are missing some low midrange. To me the low end of the mix would sound better if it were warmer.

The keys sound nice.

I'd prefer a more natural vocal sound. The high end in the cymbals covers them a bit.

The cymbal samples have a lot of mid-2Ks. It makes them very crispy. The snare is pretty crispy too. There is a little swirliness to the cymbals. Probably SC mucking it up.

The low end instruments are missing some low midrange. To me the low end of the mix would sound better if it were warmer.

The keys sound nice.

I'd prefer a more natural vocal sound. The high end in the cymbals covers them a bit.

nice feedback! thanks! Definitely true about the low midrange!

thanks

-un

As others have said, the low-end doesn't necessarily need to be boosted, just made more warmer. I also feel that the electronic high-hats during the first chorus of the song are too loud and distracting. Otherwise, I can't really pinpoint another fault in the mixing of the song.

If you have a chance, feel free to take a look at my recent release, "Our Graves", Our Graves by Klaviam | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Back