Turning around

First thing that leaps out at me is that those string pads are really loud and the vocals are really quiet.
The synth that kicks in around 1:55 is also very loud. It's cool, but doesn't match the mix.

This is a weird arrangement overall. The drum machine and acoustic guitars are a really disparate from each other. There's a lot of interesting ideas and variety tho. I might keep the arrangement pretty well as it is but just get the levels better balanced.

I thought it sounded pretty cool. I agree on the pads being too loud. Was not a big fan of the transition to the tempo change. I do like the drum/bass connection and sound. The acoustic sounds pretty good too. The vocals sound good, but there are some changes in volume that are pretty noticeable. I agree with Steve, the song is pretty cool, but ya gotta get those levels a little better, especially the keys/pad.

those pad hits are too loud. distracting more than complementing. the "turning around" vocal parts could use a nice delay on them to blend in better, they sound too dry and bare compared to the texture of the tune otherwise. Verse too, now that I listen closely. cool song man

Hi folks!

Thank you for sharing. I have done some adjustments in respons to your comments.

I've updated the OP. =)

Peace & Love

Last edited:
I like the guitar patterns-the way you go from chords to those machine like single notes. Whoah interesting change, i like the way the song evolves-very cool. Good sounds-the drums sound kind of lifeless, but at least there's some arrangement to them. Vocals sound nice and sit in the mix well-i think your song is coming across very well-nice job!

Back