a tune

You are great at this, I really mean that. How the hell do you come up with the recording ideas???? Do you just mess around and keep what's cool or do you go after a sound in your head?

Mix sounds good. Wild tune. Are those your kids?

Joe

Boy I remember this from way back. The first difference I noticed was the little "goofy" guitar part (I guess it was a guitar but I'm not even sure) introduced during the quiet parts. Very tight harmonies. They sounded great. I love the snare sound. Good guitar playing.

I'm trying to come up with an idea to maybe improve it but I can't.

Real good job.

God Damn Sam! When that song kicked in the hair stood straight up on the back of my neck... That is incredible sound you have.. There is so much depth to that bass.. That is my kind of harmonies. VEry very very well done! Nuff Said!

Kinda creepy!

Great!

Listened through once just to listen. i liked this one a lot before...i'll have to check out the original again after.

For now i'll treat it like a new tune.

First, where did you sample the voices from at the end? Home video? Other than not knowing how it related, i thought the stereo of the people's voice was very cool. Maybe the second listen i'll catch what they're saying...

Here goes...

As much as i love your voice i wish they were mixed a bit brighter as i usually do with your songs. Part of me wants to suggest raising the levels because i think they could cut through a little better, but i think a bit of EQ would be better. Sounds like low mids huddling around the fire to me once the guitars come in. Maybe it's clashing with the heavy synth layering. i've mentioned it before and not many people mention it so it's quite likely preference.

Having said that the vocal performance was killer. And i love the lyrics too, especially "you'll go from riches to rags when you find out that's all i have." i remember that line from version 1.

i also dig the lead guitar a lot.

i really have no complaints except for what i said about the vocal. But use your own ears of course. Mine are probably a bit low-mid sensitive. :)

Awesome job Sam.

I agree 100% with SLuiCe....

Good job, but fix the vocals. It could be a matter of taste, because it seems to be on every recording I've heard from you so far.

I won't comment much on the mix since this blows away anything I'm capable of. I loved it.

Man when the tune kicked in i was ready to throw my guitar across the room. I felt that thrash or be thrashed feeling come over me! lol, just something that great tunes, especially heavy ones do to me :) You captured somthing i hope to be able to one day. Power, and originality. My hats off to you.

ok, enough a$$ kissin? hehe mabe the vox could be brightened a bit, but damn, love the overall sound.

i really like the cool noises in the intro before the synth kicks in.......the guitars sound pretty powerful in this one......the synth might be a little loud for my taste on this one.....very food

Sam;

Guitars are exellent as usual. Mix is great except vox needs to come up... ALOT!!!

Great Electronica, Bro!

CR ><>

Well I installed my new 1010lt tonight and I'm tired, but I had to listen to this before I hit the rack. I always enjoy listening to your stuff even though it's not my normal listening fare. I wasn't wild about the main synth sound used throughout. Just my preference and it seems a litte out front to me around the 1:00 mark and like passages.

Great song, guitars and vocals absofuckinlutely rock.

Very nice job!!!! You are one talented mofo :D

Me too. Vocals were cool. I could hear Sluice singing this one. That would be cool too! Great stuff Sam. You're a madman!

Twist

This is one of my favorite tunes from you.

The mix definately sounds bigger. Love that snare!:cool:

Nit picks:

Vocals could be a bit more up-front. Also while the performance is fine, I think the original has a bit more 'tude. Sometimes it's hard to recapture the same vibe as when the song is fresh.;)

Rythym guitar needs a bit more edge.

This is a keeper for sure, but I'm not throwing out the old version.:D

I think I am going to get out of the 'review mode' for awhile and just enjoy the tunes you post instead. My post count is way to friggin high anyway. I've been slackin' anyway in that department. I've got my own music to write, Jack Russells to train, life to live.....But, in spite of all that sellfishness, you can count on me always giving your stuff a listen. I'll just say in advance, I like your NEXT tune too and will enjoy listening to it as well.

Peace, Mr. excellent gtr player.

This has to make us all think. If someone with this much obvious talent is at home, unsigned, cranking out tunes like this, how the hell is there hope for any of us?

Good stuff man. It's hard to be original and still sound good. You just did that. Send it off to some local indie lables or something. :)

I have the original mix of this somewhere.This is leaps and bounds beyond it.The guitar solo and the vocals are a lot better.Are you gonna bring some of your older stuff into the light of your new mixing capabilities?This is a great improvement mixwise.

Good job Sam.

This was one of the first tunes I listened to when I first started hanging at the clinic and this is a much better mix.
I sort of agree with the comments about the vox but I don't think it needs a huge change. I'd just bump up the highs on the voice at around 10k or so and I bet just a couple of db would do it. Then turn them up a wee bit.........

The song's great, of course.....I really like that bizarre 'theme' line that goes on throughout....very cool.......and your usual wall of guitars that no one else can do.....very good

.......an oldy but a goody:D ......Ive gotta go to a "baby cpr" class this morning:rolleyes: ....... but a bump for now.....

........I'll be back

Back