tumor

Hey man- I remember your name from the "old days". Cool tune, nice frantic drum part-i like the bass part and good tone. Guitars sound good-the right side guitar sounds a bit dull, but the part is coming across just fine. Interesting when the jazzy piano comes in, that was unexpected...You should find some appropriate video to accompany this...Mix overall sounds very good to me, everything is audible and distinct, could maybe use some high end sheen? But i like the way it sounds-plenty loud but not grating on the ears. Nice job and good to see a name from the past!

could maybe use some high end sheen?

I think it already has an abundance of that. I agree the R guitar is a bit muffled sounding, not as distinct as the rest of the elements, can't really make out what it's doing. The piano part is spiking loudly with those strong key strokes. Overall, I'd recheck EQ and sweep around the guitars/keys for obnoxious resonances and cut appropriately. The end gets a bit tough to listen to...few things are competing for the same space and it's somewhat overwhelming in the high mids.

Thanks for the listens guys.

The guitars (one dark, one bright) was intentional. They were both tracked 22 years ago to 4-track cassette. I thought about re-recording them, but then realized that the performances were fine. Timing issues might arise because the tracks were pulled from the 4-track recorder and those things aren't rock-solid timing wise. I also had a difficult time finding a pedal/effect that gave me the exact tones/fx that the phaser/wah guitar had and haven't been able to reproduce that. In the end, the guitars are what they are. I may remix for a better/more natural bass sound and pulling down the reverb in the outro.

Jeez really heavy kind of funk.. reminds me of funkadelic or them obscure 70s records who loved fuzz.. Still quite an experimental piece. Almost has a jazz element to also in the rhythms.. keep it up man i dig this.. maybe weren't too much of the drums themselves but the song was a good listen, was unpredictable and didn't know what to expect! I would love to hear you return the feedback! Thanks.

https://homerecording.com/bbs/gener...king-l-o-f-i-hiphop-video-395568/#post4460170

Pretty cool sounds pants.

I think the bass is too strong and a bit clean/sterile.

I liked the guitar sounds. They're kind of dominating things in spots.

Piano is OK. A bit midi sounding.

Excellent playing/energy. Drum part/programming was pretty cool.

Thanks fellas. Steve's right on the money again (as he always was back in the day)... bass tone is something I was thinking about too. The piano is the Giant (NI Instruments) and it probably sounds sterile because I have the tone setting too aggressive/percussive. I should probably just mic up my grand piano and play the part (it's only a few lines) but I haven't gotten a great recording from this particular piano yet. If there's time to redo the piano this weekend I'll give it a go.

Back