Trying to get more high end mojo on this...

Where are you thinking it needs more high-end mojo? It seems fairly balanced. Maybe the vocals are a little mid-rangey? It's not excessive tho.

If you're wanting to get more sparkly vocals, maybe more reverb and less compression? Plus some EQ.

Sounds great to me. Good sounds all around, everything is distinct, sounds like you have the sonic spectrum covered pretty well. The drums seem to be carrying the high end, the mix sounds pretty excellent to me. Cool rocking tune as well, good performances.

Really good vocals here. Are you performing or mixing, or both?

Well, the chorus vocals weren't as strong as the verse. I think I've said this to you before. Your vocal sounds familiar. You're killing it in the verses....but the choruses go astray, writing-wise.

Mix sounds a little blurry. I think it's the guitars.

I agree it could use a little more high end - but it's not too bad the way it is. The cymbals don't have a ton of high end to begin with. You could maybe bump up the vocal and give it a little boost above maybe 10Khz.

The rhythm guitar is a bit dull. I think that would need a retrack if you wanted more top end to it.

The mix leans to the right a bit.

I love the vocals.

And it's a really cool song.

The rhythm guitar is a bit dull. I think that would need a retrack if you wanted more top end to it.

I think that's precisely it. You can't boost what isn't there and these guitars don't have upper mid range pop. To my ear there is a perfect space/void in this song for a more aggressive guitar sound and it's just not being met with the current tone.

Recommend the OP spend some time in the guitar tone thread demo'ing sounds.

Agreed, that the dark guitars are the culprit here. If you want more high end, turn up the Treble:D OR cut some of the lows in other places. Cool tune though.

Back