Trickle Down - Indie Rock

packrobottom

I've posted this one before, but it's come along way. I Just replaced all guitars with my new amp. Mix thoughts really appreciated. It needs some mix tweaking but I'm too close to it right now.

orange.jpg

Attachments

• TrickleDown.mp3
    5.1 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
hey very cool man. i like this. great vocals and vocal production. hope to hear from you here.
i thought most of the instruments could come down a bit when they all come in. sounds better, more open, during the quieter parts. wasn't bad or anything, just a little congested and slightly loud - but that's just me and my ears. good synth lead part. nice drum fills. is that a real kit? again, the vocals are awesome. how are you applying saturation/dist to them? a vst?

nice work. really enjoyed this.

hey very cool man. i like this. great vocals and vocal production. hope to hear from you here.
i thought most of the instruments could come down a bit when they all come in. sounds better, more open, during the quieter parts. wasn't bad or anything, just a little congested and slightly loud - but that's just me and my ears. good synth lead part. nice drum fills. is that a real kit? again, the vocals are awesome. how are you applying saturation/dist to them? a vst?

nice work. really enjoyed this.

Thanks andrush. I appreciate the comment. Levels might still be off as I haven't had time to digest the mix cause of new guitars, but I was hoping for loud. The drum kit is real. The vocal tracks have a lot of plugins but the saturation on the main vocal is guitar rig.

Damn dude. I really like everything I've heard from you, and this is no exception. The only thing I can say is that it's through the roof loud, and I think bringing it down just a bit would be good. But the mix otherwise sounds great. That amp sounds really nice. Makes me even more frustrated with my digital stuff.

Catchy song, great performances. Agree with the others about the loudness of the guitars in the heavy part.

This is a very radio friendly sounding tune I think.

Effected vocals in the first section can come up.

Can't make out the kick for the most part. Snare can come up. Toms sound a little overly hard panned.

Good, hooky and catchy vocals. Good harmonies. Strong voice. The soundbytes are a cool touch.

Middle section is great. I like how it is brought down and then comes back with the synth lead.

Nicely balanced guitars, vocals and bass.

Catchy tune. I think the drums need a little more work in terms of balance, but it all sounds good.

Good energy to the song. Something in the chorus reminds me of an old Aerosmith tune. Vocals and BVs are really well done.

I really like the song a lot. Great energy. Cool stuff you did with the vocal.

I like the guitar sound.

The bass part is cool. I think it's a bit soft - I think you could bring it up a bit.

Synth part is cool and the tone is great.

My only complaint is with the snare. It's a little weak and slappy. But even that that isn't too bad.

Real nice job. I liked it a lot.

This isn't the indie rock I know. I think of Husker Du, Dinosaur Jr, Sebadoh, Pavement, etc.

This sounds more like The Strokes or Foo Fighters, which is mainstream rock.

The mix is good, but I'm not a big fan of some parts of the song.

Back